Info required on Goldfields around (Nullagine) Roy Hill - WA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

I am heading back to Roy Hill in WA for work tomorrow, I get 1 day off every 10 days. I am looking for an area around this part of WA to have a swing with the SDC.
I am really struggling with the whole WA Tenegraph website looking for public access around Nullagine as I think this is the closest area to work. To me it all seems to be leased.
Does anyone know where I can go for a swing around this area? I don't want your 100 ounce patches, just a public/common area where I can wind down from work and maybe pick a bit up while cleaning up the trash.
Thanks in advance.

Brumble

There's meant to be some good spots out there. Have you been there before? Mate if I was you I would just go for a short drive, park off the road and go for it. I mean man your out bum fook. If anyone asks just say your Bruce Rinehart. ;)

Dev
No mate never put a detector on west coast ground. I am an East Coaster.
Sounds good, however I don't want too jump someone's lease. There has to be a common or public area there somewhere.
I see the Fortescue river runs through it might have to find some rock bars or wash.

Maybe Marble Bar at a couple of hours away. We recently detected there a couple of days and found gold on the big common area 4ks out of town. You can get the maps from the Mines Dept at Marble Bar. Be prepared for lots of spinifex. Talked to someone who had cleared a section of spinifex a month earlier and he found a fair bit.

Roy Hill is certainly an amazing area, with all the work going on, acres of dongas, etc and everything that goes with mining projects. Fortescue River was a good camp spot.

hey bud,
i'm working over at roy hill also.
was wondering the same thing, where to go to have a swing.
I didn't bring the detector on this swing, but probably will on the next

where are you staying in town, I at the lodge, but will be moving back to club H or gate way in the next month or so

cheers Kane

Will do.
Still got 2 weeks before I go on R'n R
So will bring back some stuff then.
Unless I can hire one from marble bar l.
Then might venture out that way next sunday for my rdo.

Latest posts