I'm loosing 7 grams of gold tomorrow!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walshie, I don't think as you put it is (wanky) at all I think that is one of the nicest things I have heard and a lesson we all could have used at one point or another, Keep thinking and doing things like that and your life will be a wild ride and the memories will be worth more than all the Gold in the world,

Proud of ya Mate.

john

Me Either RR. I think its one of the nicest thing I've read on here. Makes me want to find some yella just to do it for my wife. We've had a standing agreement that IF I ever found a gold ring it'd be hers. [Did find one at Wanyarra last time we were over in the Triangle and you know where it is - in a little ring box on HER dresser] But smelting finds and making them into a GOLD ring would give me MEGA brownie points...............and another trip to the Goldfields, in either Vict or SA.

Hey Walshie, did you catch the gold with the 4500 or the AT Gold?

Well done Walshie great story. You just added more value to that gold than money can buy sentimental value. Congratulations

Sometimes I think our ladies don't understand why we go out to get the gold -it's not for us it's for them! ;-)

Now you've got the 7000 walshie you should be able to make her the full set ,ring, earrings, plus a necklace.I might se if I can use your idea to justify buying one :D

walshie1000 said:
As some of you may know, I've always had an interest in gold that stems back to seeing the diggings when out motorbike riding as a youngster.
I was lucky enough to do a little bit of panning as a youngen and that interest, now passion and hobby has always lingered.
When I finally decided to go and look for some myself just over 12 months ago the misses thought the price on a gpx 4500 was a little extravagent.
Being recently engaged I suggested to her that I would like to have her wedding ring made out of the gold I had hoped to find. I explained to her that I wanted to give myself the best chance at it and get the right equipment for the job. Funnily enough her tone changed instantly and all of a sudden it was an excellent idea (should have been a salesman haha).
In this last 12 months I have been very lucky, found my fair share of yellow for a newby and met one of the best blokes I know through this hobby who frequents this forum also. Had many day trips out with him and some have been better than others. Each and every time we always have a blast and talk shite the whole way there and back.
Had a few great weekends away combining motorbike riding and gold detecting with my fianc.
In recent times a friend of mine and his wife have jumped onboard with the camping and riding and he has recently got a 4500 as well and is absolutely hooked. The girls aren't into the detecting but love the rest of it. What a life hey!
Tomorrow we are off to see a family friend who is a master jeweler to get the ball rolling with my fiancs ring. He has requested 6 grams for the job and will handle the whole lot from refining the nuggets to the end result.
The misses has hand picked 7 grams of the cleanest gold from my small bits collection to go into her ring. Here's a few pics of what is soon to be her wedding ring.
It might sound a bit wanky, but for me this feels like a sense of accomplishment and I'm absolutely stoked to see this gold going into her ring.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4955/1464336364_rps20160527_174538.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4955/1464336386_rps20160527_174558.jpg
WONDERFUL!

Cmon fellas, Walshies new to be Mrs Walshie needs to be first to see that shiny bright ring as he slides it onto her finger ,... would lessen the moment if everyone had been oggling it over beforehand ! :D

Ridge Runner said:
Bogger said:
Dare I say it Walshie not sure I really want to see your "ring" :D :D :D :D
You should be Honoured he don't show it to anyone, :D :D :D

john
How do you know RR? Have you asked Walshie to show you his ring and he's told you to 'bugger off'? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

silver said:
Cmon fellas, Walshies new to be Mrs Walshie needs to be first to see that shiny bright ring as he slides it onto her finger ,... would lessen the moment if everyone had been oggling it over beforehand ! :D
Get ya priorities right Silver, we're his fellow PA fraternity, i reckon he owes it to us to show us the ring first, after all mrs walshie wouldn't even have a ring from found Walshie gold if it wasn't for detecting!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suppose someones gotta step up, or the earth will depopulate. :lol:

Latest posts