IF YOU DONT ASK!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paulmarr said:
dwt said:
Before i share my story about today with all you fellow prospectors,ive been taking regular scrolls down the bottom of the forum page and noticing that the forum generally runs double the amount of visitors as it does members......DONT just fence sit people, join up to the forum and share your expierences..

Although I agree with the sentiment of dwt - the number of visitors you see aren't all folks on our forum reading but not participating - Google Search also logs in as a visitor when someone is searching for prospecting type information and it is found here - also the search bots that scour the internet for search engine listings.

The forum statistics show any member or user that has been active on the site within the last 15 minutes. I occasionally check the real time stats for the forum and it's pretty consistent with what is being displayed on the home page. Bots, Crawlers etc are excluded from the forums stats however a human visitor that reaches the site from a Google Search is counted as 1 active user.

Paulmarr said:
]
But dwt you make a great point -there are over 2000 members and the vast majority are "read only" members who like reading the threads but not contributing to anything - this forum is not the lone ranger - most hobby forums on the internet suffer the same fate. Lots of lurking (people who "take" knowledge or info but not many "givers" - members who contribute. It would be nice to think a lot of assistance people receive here would somehow be repaid with contribution of their endevours. We can only hope....

I appreciate you saying that as it's right on the money. Forums require a regular turnover of topics and posts to maintain visitor interest which in turn encourages member registration. If everyone chose to browse the forum and not contribute in any way, there would be no point in keeping it running. In saying that, we have a lot more activity on this forum than any other Australian Prospecting Forum so we're doing alright :D

Nugget said:
Paulmarr said:
dwt said:
Before i share my story about today with all you fellow prospectors,ive been taking regular scrolls down the bottom of the forum page and noticing that the forum generally runs double the amount of visitors as it does members......DONT just fence sit people, join up to the forum and share your expierences..

Although I agree with the sentiment of dwt - the number of visitors you see aren't all folks on our forum reading but not participating - Google Search also logs in as a visitor when someone is searching for prospecting type information and it is found here - also the search bots that scour the internet for search engine listings.

The forum statistics show any member or user that has been active on the site within the last 15 minutes. I occasionally check the real time stats for the forum and it's pretty consistent with what is being displayed on the home page. Bots, Crawlers etc are excluded from the forums stats however a human visitor that reaches the site from a Google Search is counted as 1 active user.

Paulmarr said:
]
But dwt you make a great point -there are over 2000 members and the vast majority are "read only" members who like reading the threads but not contributing to anything - this forum is not the lone ranger - most hobby forums on the internet suffer the same fate. Lots of lurking (people who "take" knowledge or info but not many "givers" - members who contribute. It would be nice to think a lot of assistance people receive here would somehow be repaid with contribution of their endevours. We can only hope....

I appreciate you saying that as it's right on the money. Forums require a regular turnover of topics and posts to maintain visitor interest which in turn encourages member registration. If everyone chose to browse the forum and not contribute in any way, there would be no point in keeping it running. In saying that, we have a lot more activity on this forum than any other Australian Prospecting Forum so we're doing alright :D

HOOORAR!! for Prospecting Australia forum :D im saying that whilst jumping in the air waving pom pom's and wearing a tutu :eek: want me to post some pics? 8)

Latest posts