IF YOU DONT ASK!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
8) Before i share my story about today with all you fellow prospectors,ive been taking regular scrolls down the bottom of the forum page and noticing that the forum generally runs double the amount of visitors as it does members......DONT just fence sit people, join up to the forum and share your expierences.....OR....ask other people about theirs,the question you ask today could be the answer your looking for tomorrow,or someone else might have the answer YOUR looking for, which in my case came by way of assistance from forum members and gp5000 settings...enough said, now onto the exciting stuff.... Au...BEFORE you ALL get EXCITED for ME.. 8.( no i didnt find any today.......BUT.....once again the good Dr has come through with the goods taking home another 3 pieces today for a total of 4 pieces for the weekend, as i stated before IF YOU DONT ASK you dont find out anything,so i put the question to the Dr as to how he seems to be able to walk practicly on top of the stuff...."not too sure mate i just seem to get that feeling that this is the right spot".......well i got a feeling but im pretty sure it has something to do with a service station chicko roll,i then went on to ask him about the area and why he had stopped here in the first place to look for gold......."the ground looks right,we have a slight fall down towards an old shallow creek bed, the soil does not look to deep to detect, it has little gravelly pebbles that are partly visible,iron stone, quartz, all the makings of gold bearing ground"..so to help someone out and to better explain i have drawn a very basic map(poorly) of the area we were in this weekend,its not a X marks the spot gold map its just an easy way to explain what we are seeing on the feilds,i hope someone can make use of this info and im sure the Dr and myself will get some info from other forum members.....luck in the swing..... 8)
1394425024_005-optimized.jpg

and of course the Dr's finds,the last 3 pieces were within 1mt of each other and one was under a large bullet, :eek: pays to check every sound ;)
1394425187_phone_011-optimized.jpg

the cigi lighter is in the position of the 3rd nugget close inspection will show the other 2 holes directly above(holes left open for photographic puposes,filled in at end of the shot) :D
1394425347_dsc05314-optimized.jpg
1394425388_phone_008-optimized.jpg
1394425420_phone_009-optimized.jpg
1394425453_phone_014-optimized.jpg
1394425479_phone_019-optimized.jpg

the last pic is of the weekends tally....Nice work Doc......better have your game face on next weeknend though :mad:
And dont forget VISITORS join up....THEY GIVE AWAY GOLD for petes sake....i mean really!!!!!! :D

Thats an unreal day out DWT & Dr ;)
Nice smooth traveled gold too, so are yous gonna head back there or move on :)
I like the muddy of your ground, i once lobbed on a totally undetected gully in Sth oz
and on the first day i walked out with 43oz, biggest went 29oz, so i did just what yous have
which is hand draw a map of the Geo and finds etc, that led me to the leader on the hillside
and a lot more gold in the can...

Good luck on the re visit guys ;)

P&R

Love the enthusiasm as always dwt :D, and great work "again" Dr :lol:

Pete_&_Rie said:
Thats an unreal day out DWT & Dr ;)
Nice smooth traveled gold too, so are yous gonna head back there or move on :)
I like the muddy of your ground, i once lobbed on a totally undetected gully in Sth oz
and on the first day i walked out with 43oz, biggest went 29oz, so i did just what yous have
which is hand draw a map of the Geo and finds etc, that led me to the leader on the hillside
and a lot more gold in the can...

Good luck on the re visit guys ;)

P&R

Ive dreamed of 43oz........then the mrs slapped me :8
definetly going back and sweet talk that dirt into giving up some more of her secrets 8)

Lol, I'm sure my mrs would slap me as well if i would try and swing my detector in bed and dream talk about a virgin patch :D

Good luck mate :)

Sorry to say but yeah some days are golden some are lead, to coin a song :)
Most people think that SA has no gold, well not to much but anyways its all BS haahaha
Ive prospected and lived in every state except Tas and NT, and SA is where i made the best strikes.
Not a lot of Auriferous ground but what there is is very rich if you can read the ground and able to Loam up a show ;)

That was back in the SD21 days and i had a GB2 and the standard 10x5 coil it came with, hit the gully real early with
ice on the peak (2nd highest peak in SA) hint "MC" ;)
anyways, i hit it good that 1st day then swapped a nugget for a 21 and was there the next mornin bright eyed and as eager as a fat kid on a doughnut ;)

days like that are very rare no matter where ya live, but good old SA lived up to it..
Johnny G found a 4oz crystalline bit not to far from it.

HH

P&R

Thanks guys just a little dissapointed DW didn't get a peice.
Glad he didn't draw me though! Just kiddin mate good sharing.
To look at ground is very hard , but you also have to take into
account that the land has also changed since the old timers
were there.DW was on the money he was only three meters
away the day before.so only one thing stopped him hitting them.
THE BLOODY BIG BULLETS! And me having to paint my kids room.
Little hard to imagine but what the picture shows is basically a
natural sluice .
So if the ground is looking good and you see lots of pebbles
going down in a certain direction follow them , and detect either side
in a forty to fifty feet band .
Its not always gospel but seems to give me a good success rate.
Good luck out there fellow gold hunters the next nugget is a step away.Dr :)

joe said:
Lol, I'm sure my mrs would slap me as well if i would try and swing my detector in bed and dream talk about a virgin patch :D

Good luck mate :)

Joe that is the funniest ive heard in months brother hahaha.
Ive only gotta look at mine with that evil grin and i gets a whoopin and a Bundy so
its all good by me haha ;)
Yup im spoilt and i hate to let it happen but hey!! takin one for the team bro for the team :D :D ;)

P&R

Oh and thanks to DWT for having patience as its not
always easy watching others get gold.Your day will come
next trip out hopefully big dog.
Your good mate, and thanks for not hitting me with your
pick and taking the gold ! :lol:

Mate hope u still have that 21 very interesting up against
5000 today .let's just say I won't be getting rid of mine in
a hurry.
Its more sensitive than my missus at a certain time of month! :lol:

Drbean said:
Mate hope u still have that 21 very interesting up against
5000 today .let's just say I won't be getting rid of mine in
a hurry.
Its more sensitive than my missus at a certain time of month! :lol:

Nope i dont have it unfortunately but wish i did, it went like a rocket once i fitted the Li-Ion battery kit and a Coiltek 17x11DD Pro coil.
We just have the Ex-Terra and my 5k these days but it would be nice to have my old 2100 to run against the 5k.

You sound like you got the MK1 standard misses haha i used to have the NagaTron 2000 but traded her in for the
upgraded model, comes with free Anti-Nag and the bonus of a keen eye for gold n Gems :p :lol:

[User is Offline said:
dwt]
Before i share my story about today with all you fellow prospectors,ive been taking regular scrolls down the bottom of the forum page and noticing that the forum generally runs double the amount of visitors as it does members......DONT just fence sit people, join up to the forum and share your expierences..

Although I agree with the sentiment of dwt - the number of visitors you see aren't all folks on our forum reading but not participating - Google Search also logs in as a visitor when someone is searching for prospecting type information and it is found here - also the search bots that scour the internet for search engine listings.

But dwt you make a great point -there are over 2000 members and the vast majority are "read only" members who like reading the threads but not contributing to anything - this forum is not the lone ranger - most hobby forums on the internet suffer the same fate. Lots of lurking (people who "take" knowledge or info but not many "givers" - members who contribute. It would be nice to think a lot of assistance people receive here would somehow be repaid with contribution of their endevours. We can only hope....

Nice finds by the by! :)

Latest posts