I killed my Troopy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcause

Professional Life Liver
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:eek: I killed my Troopy. Top Gear couldn't do it but I did. :8

It all happened last Sunday night. There I was driving along just fine in the pouring rain when BANG!!! A short pause and then BANG!!! And it was dead. It sounded like a backfire but it was the loudest backfire I have ever heard.

I was nearly home from another long trip out bush. Managed to Coast it off the road onto the footpath as I was going downhill at the time. Well at least it happened close to home and not out in the bush.

Quick call to the RACQ and they couldn't get it to run on LPG or Petrol and it was making a loud groaning noise when they tried to turn it over. Thought for sure I must have seized the engine. On one attempt to start it large clouds of smoke rose from the engine itself. Had to get it towed back home and then to the repair shop the next day.

It's been in the shop ever since being repaired. Apparently my distributor blew up and fried all the wires in the harness. The fuel pump is cactus, timing is out and the injectors are blocked. To top it all off the people who worked on it last (previous owners mechanic) doing upper cylinder work left a bolt in the engine that is used to align the cams and forgot to take it out when they were done. The repair quote is up to $2,000 already. :(

They have managed to get it running on petrol now but it still isn't running right yet.

Guess I won't be hitting the Goldfields for some tine now. :(

1385682542_m0a7jpzeyyws9ouc9xbkycq.jpg

Damn that's bad news....Troopy's just can't be killed. :eek: My last one had 700k on the clock before i traded to the new one. Mine have all been Diesel though. Still worth getting fixed because you couldn't kill the same one twice. ;) Good luck with it.

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts