Hunt at old race track

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went for a hunt on a old race track today on farm land dug lots of pre decimals
1394703571_image.jpg
1394703603_image.jpg

That's got to be the best Silver haul I've seen on the forum so far, well done mate. Let me know if you're looking to sell any :)

I'm heading back out tomorrow I will try to get some action shots all found in about a 20square metre area we hardly scratched the surface

Congratulations on your research and thanks for sharing. Certainly awe inspiring!

I bet you dug a few coppers too! That is a massive haul of silvers!

Where do you think the best place to start looking around a race track is?
I have an old track up here in the NT that I might try.

Nice load of pre decies there btw. Looks like you might have hit the pre dec jackpot if that was just scratching the surface.

We talked to the little old lady that owns the farm she is in her 90s and talked to my grand parents that live a few farms down and got a ruff layout of where everything was like the bar and food stalls and finish line we hit the bar area and that is where we stayed for about 5 hours so we still have a fair bit of detecting to do
But I think I know what stared the depression they all got drunk and lost there money!!!

I think this sixpence is the most valuable coin we found yesterday 1935 no mint mark in good condition
1394747852_image.jpg

OMG OMG OMG, one can only dream of a haul like that!
What state are you in there Alfie?

SF

Latest posts