how green are you?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im far from being a greenie and agree with others in leaving it as you found it for the next person to enjoy. Im not a fan though of doze and detect operations in state forests, they're flamin eyesores and the polar opposite of "leaving it as you found it".

I also grew up in the bush. Love getting out there camping, fossicking etc. Try to do my bit for the environment. It's a bit of a contradiction when ya haul coal for a living :8 :/

Im not a greenie, (despite the name) but I try to do my bit for the bush, bring home any plastics that I take and any that I find.
Nature has a process of regenerating itself so any impact I make is tiny in the scheme of things, which doesnt mean we can abuse it but we shouldnt try to lock it away either.
Any holes I dig get backfilled along with anybodys that I find which hopefully pleases the gold gods.
Yes our fossil fuel burning consumerism ways are a worry sometimes but until an electric 4x4 with a range around 700kms is a reality there isnt any alternative except to not go into the bush, and that would just be a shame.
Respect nature and try to educate those that disrespect it.

There is a clear distinction between some simple respect for the bush and the ideology of the loose cannons some people keep voting into the Senate cross-benches.

I think one is doing enough simply to leave a campsite the way it was before one arrived. Little is more aggravating than campers who just drop rubbish where they please and leave it for others to clean up. This not only displays a lack of the respect needed but teaches the less learned that this is an acceptable norm. Of course there are other annoying things about some campers but that is a topic for a future discussion.

dwt said:
i used to date this hippy chick some moons ago, she believed that all plants and fauna had feelings, that Mother Nature is everywhere and in everything, we didn't date for long :| she accused me (a miner) of being a nature murderer :rolleyes:
I've never heard Mother Nature scream when I've stuck a pick in the ground, she's never cried for help when I've shuved a shovel in a creek bed, bored some holes in rock, then blew it up, and you know what the weird bit is, almost every time I've done this, Mother Nature rewards me with gold, huh, go figure, so go stick that in your pipe and smoke it Nicole. :lol: :D
Send her number my way ill take her out and check out the bush together, sounds nice.

dwt said:
i used to date this hippy chick some moons ago, she believed that all plants and fauna had feelings, that Mother Nature is everywhere and in everything, we didn't date for long :| she accused me (a miner) of being a nature murderer :rolleyes:
I've never heard Mother Nature scream when I've stuck a pick in the ground, she's never cried for help when I've shuved a shovel in a creek bed, bored some holes in rock, then blew it up, and you know what the weird bit is, almost every time I've done this, Mother Nature rewards me with gold, huh, go figure, so go stick that in your pipe and smoke it Nicole. :lol: :D

sounds like she's been watching to much avatar :lol: , this isnt pandora and there isnt a mother aywa connecting everything to everything physically...there is only a food chain and unfortunately for everything else we are all hungry!

Panda said:
dwt said:
Send her number my way ill take her out and check out the bush together, sounds nice.
I reckon she would be to much for you Panda, what with your over sized gut and all, and that massive fur problem, let's not forget the fact of all the bark you'd be knawing on, the greens would probably close all the forests down.
And now that I think about it dose your poo stick to your fur after you go no "2"s, or do you just use the nearest water hole :lol:

Hmm I was thinking of a dignified response then I realised it doesnt have to be. Mate those without fur need not be nasty. Give it time your fur will grow too, and you will be a full grown man :eek: haha. Im a green machine. Au naturale mate is the only way to be when youre in the bush.

Panda said:
Hmm I was thinking of a dignified response then I realised it doesnt have to be. Mate those without fur need not be nasty. Give it time your fur will grow too, and you will be a full grown man :eek: haha. Im a green machine. Au naturale mate is the only way to be when youre in the bush.
Panda Panda Panda, maaaaaate, I wasn't being mean, I was simply stating the facts, anyways let us know when your out digging in a creek next time, I know when you get down to the tree roots line you'll pull up for lunch :lol:, just leave the hole open for the rest of us to come in and clean up the gold, don't stress, we'll leave you some bamboo to knaw on ;)

dwt said:
Panda said:
dwt said:
I reckon she would be to much for you Panda, what with your over sized gut and all, and that massive fur problem, let's not forget the fact of all the bark you'd be knawing on, the greens would probably close all the forests down.
And now that I think about it dose your poo stick to your fur after you go no "2"s, or do you just use the nearest water hole :lol:
Ha haa. :D
You made me laugh out loud DWT.
That was very funny or I'm very tired.
Either way mate that's my favorite post today.
Cheers Steve :) :D ;) :p :lol:

dwt said:
Panda said:
Panda Panda Panda, maaaaaate, I wasn't being mean, I was simply stating the facts, anyways let us know when your out digging in a creek next time, I know when you get down to the tree roots line you'll pull up for lunch :lol:, just leave the hole open for the rest of us to come in and clean up the gold, don't stress, we'll leave you some bamboo to knaw on ;)
Aww, stop it DWT.
YOU JUST MADE ME CHOKE ON A POTATO CHIP.
YOUR KILLING ME MATE!! 8.(

stoyve said:
dwt said:
Panda said:
Aww, stop it DWT.
YOU JUST MADE ME CHOKE ON A POTATO CHIP.
YOUR KILLING ME MATE!! 8.(
Post edited by me :rolleyes:

No mate, it was a new thing " The Mad Women" got me to eat.
Thins Popped potato chips, 60% less fat, but after I ate them I
sure don't feel 60% less fatter. :p

stoyve said:
No mate, it was a new thing " The Mad Women" got me to eat.
Thins Popped potato chips, 60% less fat, but after I ate them I
sure don't feel 60% less fatter. :p
Yeah sorry mate, I didn't see the post properly, and I thought Panda had come back for a second dip at the salad bowl!!!!
That's why I edidted it out hahaaa, :lol:

Panda said:
dwt said:

mate who says she would have bush ?

:/

then again some of the naturale like to abandon the Cleo and vogue lifestyle and just let it all grow however 6 inch long underarm hair just isnt in fashion in my part of Dubbo.

I will step out on a limb here and wave an incense stick in support of some of the hippy chicks though , provided they are vegan holistic more than broomsticks and black cats

:D

Horse said:
jimnyjerry said:
Big Nugget said:
take only photos ( and a few nuggets), and leave only footprints. :cool:

Some places I walk I even brush out my footprints. :)

What are you growing in THAT area?? :eek:

:lol:

I just go and sit there for a while next to the rock carvings then go and dig faraway.
A miner carved his initials in one spot about 80 years ago. :( Just do not want any more damage to the sites.

Went back to a spot i made a mess of 6 months ago to find that i have created an ecosystem from building dams for sluicing. From bacteria and algea to plant life, aquatic insects, larvea and tadpoles, birds,rodents right up to the sambar deer footprints use it for a drink.

1418478380_rejuve.jpg

This was a lifeless dry gully before me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will allways dig at will!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Latest posts