New and green

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. As many of new members, I'm all green and new to all the gems and gold. I'm staying in Sydney's western suburbs and want to take my family out on bush weekends detecting gold. Unfortunately, can't go further than 1,5 to 2 hrs away. I would appreciate some guidance and/or map help with the areas that could be interesting for our new hobby. Something that can be easily accessed and wouldn't need any special permissions. Thank you for having us here, wish us all many nuggets and gems.

Welcome aboard, Gagi.

No further than 1.5-2 hours from Liverpool? Yikes, that'd only be about Parramatta to the north or Engadine to the south, wouldn't it? ;) I think you'll struggle to get to a detectable goldfield within that time limit, but I'm in WA, so what do I know really? Hopefully somebody with better on-ground NSW knowledge will be able to help you out with more accurate advice.

Best of luck when you do get out there, anyway.

Welcome,

1,5 to 2hrs away from western Sydney makes it hard. There's basically nothing within that radius.

Oberon would be the closest, that's 2 hours from Penrith.

Latest posts