Hooked from day 1

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm from Geelong and have been detecting with my Ace 250 since late December 2014. I was hooked with this hobby after finding a mans SS ring with 2 diamonds the very first day. I have found many pieces of jewellery and spendable coins. Was ecstatic when I found my first pre decimal..a 1948 penny. But my best find to date was when I detected up in the Dunolly area and found an 1835 shilling in wonderful condition. I just could not believe it. I still look at it every day even though I found it 4 weeks ago! Can't wait to go back to Dunolly for a better look around.

1431346048_image.jpg

Welcome to the forum Miss, I'm still a newby to detectingb but I'm always working creeks in ballarat and creswick,

Good luck and may the gold/Jewlery gods plant many more awesome finds

Hi Geelongirl, that sure is a very nice Shilling, well done. I found an 1846 one in great condition, it's my fav find also.

Hi Geelongirl. I live down in Ocean Grove but have a workshop in Geelong. I may bump into you out in the field one day so if you see a white Vito van with Central Appliance plastered over the side, come and say hello.

Latest posts