Hi fellow gold hunters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got back into prospecting after a break of a few years.

Purchased a Minelab GPX 5000 last weekend, yet to use it, i also have a Minelab Sovereign GT and have found a few coins including a Silver pre decimal florin.

I reside in Rowville so not close enough to the famous Golden triangle where i like to spend my free time hunting the yellow metal. 8)

Looking forward to the cooler weather so i can hit the golden gullies with my GPX, i have the 12 x 7 nugget finder coil and are wanting to go back over my proven spots.

Welcome to the forum mate,

You've got yourself the supreme of metal detectors, combine that with many hours of research and you'll be unstoppable.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Cheers,
Nugget

G'day there Swinging & Digging you will find all the help (if you need any) on this forum with that flash new 5k, i found other forum members to be really helpfull in getting my 5k running smooth AS, good luck mate, look forward to hear of some of your finds :D

WOW, thanks for the warm welcome,
Smooth threshold, now that's the key, especially when targeting the tiny nuggets in heavily detected ground ( most of the diggings on public land ).
Heading out tomorrow ( GPX 5000 maiden voyage ) to a surface patch i found a while ago & nearby there is a gully with some dig holes that looks a little overgrown? I might hike up the gully and see what the upper reaches look like? The gold had to have come from a nearby reef and this particular gully looks just a little neglected by the majority of the days operators? I guess if no recent signs of detecting and if many trash targets remain i could get a nugget or coin, just hoping the gold is of detectable size? Using my nugget finder coil first up.

Latest posts