Hey guys

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just thought id introduce my self and say hi. Ive been living up in the Pilbara the last 2 and a half years and started detecting not too long after getting up here. Anyway ive been following this forum for the last couple of months, and thought id finally say g'day as it seems like a respectful, level headed lot on here.

I was gonna attach a few pics of a couple nuggets i pinged this morn, my first for 2014, but need to figure out how to do it!

1388818777_img_0014_800x450.jpg

1388818846_img_0016_800x450.jpg

1388818881_img_0017_800x450.jpg

Twapster said:
Well done!!! Im jealous. Method?

Thanks mate.

Both pinged with my gpx 5000 and stock standard 11'' round mono. The first one i got (the smaller of the 2) was a faint signal that i almost walked away from. The detector was a bit chattery and noisy so i changed settings when i started digging, over the next few minutes i changed my mind several times on whether it was a signal or ground noise, luckily i persisted! Ended up being about 6" deep and id guess about a gram or so.

Second one i thought was junk, i could of swore there was a bullet on the surface when i first heard it, ended up being about 6" deep again and probably 2 grams or so. I still cant believe how loud and clear a signal it was- ive just upgraded from a GP extreme with in the last couple of weeks, so still getting used to discerning size and depth of targets when heard.

I also dug about 10 ground noises or so. We got a heap of rain out cyclone christine earlier in the week so i think it was the moisture in the ground giving me a few issues- i gotta say a few of them sounded sweet and i thought i was onto some colour a few more times!! On the plus side it sure is easier to dig when we've had a bit of rain :)

Nice nuggets, I wish we ones like that where I am.

Cant complain too much though there's lots of fine stuff and water for washing

Welcome to the forum Chad. Envious of your location as i head to your region each winter and find it very difficult to leave. Love my Barra fishing almost as much as the detecting .....and Canberra is very devoid of Barra :( .

Hope you find the forum a great read in between the detecting and look forward to chatting amongst the threads.

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
Welcome to the forum Chad. Envious of your location as i head to your region each winter and find it very difficult to leave. Love my Barra fishing almost as much as the detecting .....and Canberra is very devoid of Barra :( .

Hope you find the forum a great read in between the detecting and look forward to chatting amongst the threads.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal. I love your work by the way, have read heaps of your posts and seen a few of your youtube vids. :)

Latest posts