Hey all!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My name is Dan. I am from South East Qld and I am currently traveling this big beautiful country with my family.
I got talking to a few grey nomads along the way and got interested in prospecting. I picked up a coulpe of gold pans at Coffs Harbour and started panning creeks along they way. I found a used Whites GMT in Vic and have been swinging it when I can. My first coin was a dollar at Brighton beach in Vic and my second coin was an 1803 xx Cash East India Company.
I recently participated in the SA metal detecting championships at Palmer and the GMT scored me a Garett Ace 150 as a prize. It was a fantastic comp organized by the Murrylands Gem and Mineral Club.
I am loving my new hobby and enjoy reading everyones posts on PA.
We're heading west soon and I'm looking forward to meeting like minded peaple along the way.

Be Safe

Dan

Welcome Dan. Sounds like you are already on the way and enjoying it. Good luck with the travelling and panning and drop us some pics.
Jaros :p

Welcome Dan, doing well with the GMT despite it being prediminantly a gold detector. Best of luck on your travels. :)

The GMT is a powerfull little unit but way too hot for parks. I can't complain though as it won me the Garrett Ace to go park hunting with. No more digging a slither of an easter egg wrapper at 6 inches.

Gday Dan, welcome to the forum, should have a good time of it with the little Ace (great win), have you found anything much with the Ace yet ? :)

I had my first go of the Ace 150 tonight. I'm pretty impressed with the little fella. Lots of ring pulls and a bit of lead. I'm still trying to work out the best part of the coil to pin point with aa the 150 is lacking that feature but i was happy enough with the depth and accuracy of the depth reader.

Find a bit of ground free of signals, throw down a dollar, and work it all out from there with regards pinpointing spot on the coil, then substitute other targets, good and junk just to see what they all read as. You should be good as gold after that. :D

Latest posts