Have you ever....shot yourself in the foot?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im sure we are all guilty of it at some stage of our lives but right at that crucial moment when you want somthing to go well you spoil it by saying or doing somthing without thinking.....and it comes back to bite you in the butt!

I did it during a $16million merger a few years back.
I got a little confidant and cocky with my product and marketing and had a chuckle with a couple of people involved basicly saying that this one distribution company couldnt manage a local papper run let alone a global enterprise...
Well during a board meeting after the merger this distribution company was anounced as the sole distributor greatly to my surprise??
So i approached the managing directors to ask how they made there desission ....they made me awear that this company picks up and delivers most of their products to some of the most dangerous parts of the world and they found out what i had said about there service and threated to pull their entire contract unless they get the entire logistics contract.... so from then on i had one logistic nightmare after another... so the lesson i learnt was dont put down some ones product or service just incase one day you might need them to support yours...

Yep, and more than once Yob, generally with me it's my ego getting in the way :lol:

Yep shot myself in the foot more than once...slow learner on somethings. Guess it would be pretty boring if all of us were always right 100% of the time.

It's almost a universal trait for people to say or do silly things...it's less than universal to forgive people for their silliness and move on. :)

Once sold a High Ticket Item to a couple,
While filling out paperwork and making small talk I asked the lady when her baby was due.

Her reply.....

"I'm Not pregnant Just Fat."

I crawled into my top draw and finished the paperwork in there.

I told them if they would like to just walk out, that would be fine.

They still bought it...

I have NEVER asked another lady about pregnancy ever again even when it is obvious, hey what if its just gas?

clegy said:
Once sold a High Ticket Item to a couple,
While filling out paperwork and making small talk I asked the lady when her baby was due.

Her reply.....

"I'm Not pregnant Just Fat."

I crawled into my top draw and finished the paperwork in there.

I told them if they would like to just walk out, that would be fine.

They still bought it...

I have NEVER asked another lady about pregnancy ever again even when it is obvious, hey what if its just gas?

Vyvyan pregnant? :D
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX7Yt0D4NEg[/video]

Was a young lad on holiday with my dad in Namibia. We went to a pick and pay (their version of woolies) and my dad is telling me to always keep an eye on our shopping trolley. Apparently people will sneak items into your trolley in the hope you'll pay for it only to get mugged when you exit the store.

We check out and forget to buy a lighter so my dad tells me to watch the trolley and disappears back into the center. I thought it'd be funny to play a prank and hide the shopping trolley to freak him out so I push it out of the supermarket towards the car.

As I'm walking I start noticing items in the trolley we didn't need like dog food and nappies. My first thought is some bastard snuck items into our trolley and I was about to get mugged. Next thing some dutch lady is belting the crap out of me with her handbang and screaming. I look back toward the supermarket to see my dad rolling on the ground in hysterics and he has our trolley. Turns out in my haste to pull a prank I'd involuntarily robbed this dutch women. What's worse is she didn't speak a word of english so trying to explain what happened was useless.

Ramjet said:
I shot my brother in the foot with an air rifle. He was annoying me. ;)
A kid I went to high school with blew his big toe off whilst climbing through a fence on a hunting trip.

Eldorado said:
Ramjet said:
I shot my brother in the foot with an air rifle. He was annoying me. ;)
A kid I went to high school with blew his big toe off whilst climbing through a fence on a hunting trip.

Another day he shot me in the arm. I'm lucky he was a poor shot. Told me he was aiming at my head.

Latest posts