Happy Australia Day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A nice little cook up for tea last night lamb chops,roo steak,snags bacon and eggs
1580079382_tea.jpg

Upside, thank you for your sentiments, sincerely!
As an old bloke, and as you grow older, you also will see things differently in my opinion, only my opinion.
For me , Australian Day, now means absolutely nothing. Apart from eating lamb, which I eat every week anyway, mainly on Sunday Roast, on a Tuesday, I dont see the controversy. Phillip sails into Botany Bay, sets up a colony blah blah blah. So what! Columbus takes on America. What would have happened to Our First Nations People if Japan had been the First Explorers to land in Botany Bay? From history, they would no longer exist!
Australian Day, is about celebrating what we have NOW not what happened in the two hundred years past, good or bad, black or white!
However, you can say a Thousand Sorrys, cry a Thousand Tears, the hurt will never heal. Trust me, when you and I are a hundred years gone this debate will still be raging fire and brimstone.
Never, ever, will black and white be brindle.
Happy Australia Day
Mackka

Happy Australia day everyone.

No matter who we are and where we come from, if we live in this country called Australia, then we should all celebrate it, it's fantastic to be living in this great country as we have more freedoms than most other countries of the world.

We are having Lamb ribs on the Barbie.

Enjoy everyone!
Cheers, :beer:

Everyone one I know celebrates Australia day because they love living here , nothing to do with white settlement or history, we are celebrating the present.

Australia is the best dam country there is and that deserves a BBQ and beer once a year with friends family and locals that feel the same.

Happy Australia day everyone that's fair dinkum and for those that complicate a great day off work , you need to find your inner Aussie and spark that little guy back into loving life.

Love ya comment mate, but it should not be about Lamb on the BarB. I really dont know what Australia Day is ? Maybe someone can enlighten me. I believe the date has changed a number of times, correct me if I am wrong. Were there protests on the previous dates? Will change of date annul the atrocities of 2 centuries of abuse, disconnection and isolation from family fix these issues, no. So, dont fret this day as all is right with the world.
Mackka

aussiefarmer said:
Everyone one I know celebrates Australia day because they love living here , nothing to do with white settlement or history, we are celebrating the present.

Australia is the best dam country there is and that deserves a BBQ and beer once a year with friends family and locals that feel the same.

Happy Australia day everyone that's fair dinkum and for those that complicate a great day off work , you need to find your inner Aussie and spark that little guy back into loving life.

That's so true.
I'm with you all the way Aussiefarmer.
Cheers mate :beer:

Senior australian of the year tonight i thought leveled it all for us. :power: :power: :goldnugget:
Pride again hopefully from all points of view.

Mackka said:
Love ya comment mate, but it should not be about Lamb on the BarB. I really dont know what Australia Day is ? Maybe someone can enlighten me. I believe the date has changed a number of times, correct me if I am wrong. Were there protests on the previous dates? Will change of date annul the atrocities of 2 centuries of abuse, disconnection and isolation from family fix these issues, no. So, dont fret this day as all is right with the world.
Mackka

Macca.
We lose sight of the big picture and make this generation suffer from past history.
If we keep these things and bring them up every time, then how are we going to move forward.
There's a lot of hurt, a lot of anger and to bash you in the head and remind you of past is very destructive and negative and only makes things a lot worse.

We can heal, but to do that we need to move forward with a positive response and attitudes.
Being negative all the time is very destructive and very bad for your health.

So, here it goes again, Happy Australia Day everyone!

Cheers, :beer:

PS Lamb on the Barbie or camel in the outback or a prawn from the coast, it's a great country

Senior australian of the year tonight i thought leveled it all for us. :power: :power: :goldnugget:
Pride again hopefully from all points of view.
And as this great lady conceded i have more work to do so please help we all belong.

Australia Day to me is one of the best days of the year (imo)
I get to celebrate how f*n lucky we are to live in a country
Where we have every opportunity and freedom to do
Whatever we want (as long as it's legal) :playful:
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY All you lucky bastards
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Latest posts