Ground DRS exper pro?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very interesting Dave, I just watched their demo video on it and I think it looks better than it actually is. The guy in the vid is demonstrating the discrimination and he waves a gold ring over the coil and the first pass gets absolutely no response from the unit, from 11m:15s. Interesting concept but not sure how good it would be in the real world. I'd be interested to hear others opinions on it too.

im not interested either (in buying one) but was interested to see if anyone had seen one in use. The one on gumtree is in vic apprently, and one of their websites has them at @$8K. No You Tube access where im at, so ill watch it later,
cheers dave.

I'd be interested if I was certain it does exactly what they state it can but read a few more comments on the youtube vids and people start mentioning masking and a few other pitfalls.

Will be interesting to see what it can do in the future. At the moment I'll be sticking with my minelab detectors though. :)

Check out the vids when you get a chance as it is interesting for sure.

Cheers for starting the thread.

They were released into the USA over 3 years ago. The lack of excitement or glowing reviews out of one of the world's largest detector markets is a concern & leads me to think they aren't as good as they make out?
The requirement to keep the coil 150mm > 200mm (6" > 8") off the ground makes me think that the ground balancing may not adequately handle mineralisation either keeping in mind this is a European machine - here in Australia that distance may be a lot more?
To me they seem more suited to hoard hunting/relics?
Interesting concept though & definitely where the future should be heading.

Latest posts