Got my first detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Well here we go I was interested in buying SDC2300 but I ended up with a very lightly used GPX5000 and got it for a good price I think From someone off gumtree

I'm happy now as I got the usual screw around by people On here and also on eBay I actually won a bid on eBay that wasn't far from my house it was GPX 5000 Pro Brand-new I got it for $4105 but then he rings me up and says he has moved anyways cut along story short he wanted to to be paid through direct deposit to beat the PayPal fees and I said there's no way I'm doing that so we didn't come to agreement unfortunately

But I am really keen to get out there I live in Brisbane so most likely will be going to Warwick

Cheers mitchell

037981 said:
...on eBay I actually won a bid on eBay that wasn't far from my house it was GPX 5000 Pro Brand-new I got it for $4105 but then he rings me up and says he has moved anyways cut along story short he wanted to to be paid through direct deposit to beat the PayPal fees and I said there's no way I'm doing that so we didn't come to agreement unfortunately

You dodged a bullet there, mate - sounds like a classic scamster move.

I guess the good old saying if it sounds too good to be true then it most likely is

Hi Mitchell welcome. Congrats on getting your 1st detector. The 5000 has found lots of gold. Great detector. Um, just wondering if you have checked out the serial number, security hologram sticker etc to make sure she's a ridgey didge 1. Not saying it's a counterfeit, but it's better to find out it's genuine for your own piece of mind if you haven't already. If you have good stuff. If not or you don't know what I'm talking about check out this link below. A lot of people don't realise, especially if they're new to it all. :) http://www.minelab.com/aus/consumer/where-to-buy/buyer-beware

Latest posts