Prospecting / Gold detecting tours & training NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maxwell4 said:
Hy guys ,

Last year I went on a 10 Day all inclusive tour with Gold Relics ( Darren Kamp from Creswick ) to WA ( Kalgoorlie). I had a ball as did the other 7 on the trip. Darren and his helpers were great, very informative and helpful especially if you were newbies which some of us were. Darren has been detecting for years with quite good success. We all found gold ( never enough lol) and also a few relics (check the horseshoe brooch in my avatar). If I was fit enough to do 10 days straight I would go again. Have not been on a tag along but I am sure if you contact them they will fill you in. I would be suprised if you didn't come back with some gold as that is what keeps people going on the tours. I know Darren likes to not only " park on the gold" but also looks for " new ground" and gives a variety of likely spots.

Hope you have a great time wherever you decide to go and find some colour

Regards

Bob

Ps the gold around my Avatar is from the trip.

Thanks Bob, thats one of the tour guides i was looking at. Great bunch of finds you found!

I would second that, Darren from Gold & Relics is a nice guy and knows his stuff, you will do well with him.....

Based on personal experience, One to avoid is C.G.S....
Steer clear of him...

Cheers

Do your homework on tag alongs.
Some are excellent whilst others use customers as patch finders.

Billabong said:
I would second that, Darren from Gold & Relics is a nice guy and knows his stuff, you will do well with him.....

Based on personal experience, One to avoid is C.G.S....
Steer clear of him...

Cheers

Thanks for the advice Billabong.

i joined a tag along tour with Darren last year at Leonora. I found him excellent as I had never detected before. He was very happy answering everyone's questions and spent all his time walking around checking on and assisting participants. He did not detect himself except when using our machines to demonstrate techniques.
All other participants on that tour were repeat customers which reflects Darren's credibility. I have booked again this year for the Kalgoorlie tour hoping to learn more about different terrain.
What I learnt with Darren at Leonora I was able to apply successfully near Halls Creek.
Cheers

Bobh said:
i joined a tag along tour with Darren last year at Leonora. I found him excellent as I had never detected before. He was very happy answering everyone's questions and spent all his time walking around checking on and assisting participants. He did not detect himself except when using our machines to demonstrate techniques.
All other participants on that tour were repeat customers which reflects Darren's credibility. I have booked again this year for the Kalgoorlie tour hoping to learn more about different terrain.
What I learnt with Darren at Leonora I was able to apply successfully near Halls Creek.
Cheers

Thanks Bobh, yeah i think i will go with Darren. Good luck finding some colour, keep me posted!

Cheers

might be a bit late with this comment , recently I just finished a 7 day NSW tour organised by Gold and Relics based in Victoria. I think he has a tour organised for West Aus. i found the tag along tour a wealth of experience, basically a one on one teaching session in a group, for example, there I was laying on the ground scratching like a chook after a worm, after locating a target with my SDC 2300, eventaully found the target a bit of No 4 shot, as I got up, turned and there was Darren, leaning against a tree, he spoke, I ve been watching you for 10 minutes , you still have a bit of trouble pinpointing your target so he went into a deep and descriptive detail on how the coils work and the sweetspot etc etc,

I would give them a call , to see when and where they will be in the great new frontier for us amatuer prospectors

OK. 6/10 of us from UK are looking at visiting for detecting holiday. I have just been reading a post about certain tour operators to avoid, no names mentioned. On that basis will any of you be willing to recommend a reliable company that will give us a safe and hopefully a chance to be productive holiday. My email is available for replies. No preference to where we go. Advice is welcome Thank you.

hi everyone :)

recently moved to Bathurst and keen to learn about prospecting, where to go, what to buy, how to do etc...

I have been reading lots of the posts on the forum and am keen to get started, especially coming into the xmas break

If anyone knows anywhere or anyone that can help - it would be greatly appreciated!

Luke

Gday Luke
Welcome to the forum.
Get to 10 posts and you can access the members meet up area .
Keep reading posts and learning .
The places near Bathurst are Ophir, Lucknow, Sofala, Turon river and Hill End.

nucopia said:
Gday Luke
Welcome to the forum.
Get to 10 posts and you can access the members meet up area .
Keep reading posts and learning .
The places near Bathurst are Ophir, Lucknow, Sofala, Turon river and Hill End.

great.

I just bought the basics today and a map for Hill End, but keen to look at Lucknow, Ophir and Sofala!
almost bought a river sluice...but imagine the rivers are pretty bare at the moment

Another place you can try is the Turondale River.
If you follow Turondale road for about 45 kms out of Bathurst you will cross a single lane wooden bridge on the Turondale river .
Take the dirt road to the left right after crossing the bridge and follow track for about 70 metres.
You can camp there and pan any where along the river . :perfect:

https://goo.gl/maps/ChRU2Zmw2amXp9W88

Ok great thanks! I'll go there this weekend to.cjeck it out.
I take it you venture far from the campground in your searches?

Yeah you can.
If you have a 4x4 you can access the river and drive along the river bed for quiet a few kilometres.

This is the access point from the road above the bridge.
https://goo.gl/maps/q3ezGPHykXPcA81m6

https://goo.gl/maps/LghZJYKb5B5PzaPJ7

Just follow the well worn 4 x 4 tracks

https://goo.gl/maps/JvJKp6kn1FJpzEba7

Should find lots of good places to pan along the bed of the river ,if there is water around.
Rock bars and inside bends where the river in flood drops the heavies out and deposit materials.
:Y:

In the past we have driven around 5kms along the river bed
1574953680_turon_river.jpg

thats great!! thanks very much

i just bought a new 4wd and not overly sure of my abilities. but will go and check it out tomorrow morning.

perhaps i will go and get the river sluice after all :)

excited to have a go and get into it

Latest posts