Gold mine map waypoint overlays for Google Earth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jf65

Julie
Reaction score
Hi all. could someone please post the google earth gold overlay map link (for ipad) i have it on my pc (i downloaded it from this site about 12 months ago) but i now can't seem to find it anywhere and I would really like to get it for a friend who has an ipad. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

They're now located in the downloads facility.

The downloads facility provides better file management in terms of file grouping and bandwidth management (soon to be improved), and in the coming weeks it will also include the ability to search for particular files.

I can help now with android phone. Or I have it running on my laptop and installed it just recently but cant remember how of the top of my head, i will be able to help on or after the 1st, on holiday at the moment :lol:

Yeah you search for the .kml file through google earth by memory. If that helps.

Dnrm also have a plug in for google earth you download from their website which outlines state land, national park, free hold etc. And the boundaries. I have found this very useful when used in conjection with the qld mines map.
:)

M3

If I have this in the wrong place can one of the mediators please let me know and move it to where it should be, Thanks.
Hi guys and girls.
I've recently been loaned a GPX 5000 and am madly running around the triangle looking for that elusive nugget of any size, while using google earth to do some exploring before heading out. I know it is possible to put overlays om google earth which shows all manner of things from where different nuggets have been found to leads and other useful info, I just don't know how to do it.
Can anyone help me with some info on how to do this or where to go to get the overlays and then how to put them on GE.
I'm living at Moliagul and they may have found big nuggets here in the past but they didn't leave any fort me or not that I have found so far. I get everything but hold when I am going out but I think that if I could put the overlays on GE, it would greatly improve my chances of finding my first gold and continue to do so into the future.
Thanks for any tips or tricks that can be offered.
:) Z.

Morning all, dose anyone have a copy of the mine overlay maps for VIC,
I had it once, but was on the laptop my daughter destroyed with a cup of coffee.
I'm happy for anyone to email it.
Cheers Kane

Morning Kane, we had a laptop problem with great similarity (still have), it'll fire up, but keeps clicking and you cannot type anything, goes very slow with the curser movement and you cant really do anything at all ,.... I'm gunna find out whether a new keyboard fitted would alleviate the problem and be a fix for the laptop without loss of information.I think the keyboards are just plug and play, so would surely not be too an expensive type fix.
Maybe you too still have some sort of hope with the laptop itself. :D

silver said:
Morning Kane, we had a laptop problem with great similarity (still have), it'll fire up, but keeps clicking and you cannot type anything, goes very slow with the curser movement and you cant really do anything at all ,.... I'm gunna find out whether a new keyboard fitted would alleviate the problem and be a fix for the laptop without loss of information.I think the keyboards are just plug and play, so would surely not be too an expensive type fix.
Maybe you too still have some sort of hope with the laptop itself. :D

Try using a usb wireless keyboard/mouse, you can get them for about $30-00

What make and Model of Laptop is it Silver. ?
Keyboards in laptops are not plug and play.
You have to power down, Remove the battery,
physically uninstall then reinstall their keyboards.
Generally they are designed to be replaced quite easily.
Just depends on what it is. ?
I do them all the time. :Y:

Tathradj said:
What make and Model of Laptop is it Silver. ?
Keyboards in laptops are not plug and play.
You have to power down, Remove the battery,
physically uninstall then reinstall their keyboards.
Generally they are designed to be replaced quite easily.
Just depends on what it is. ?
I do them all the time. :Y:
Gday Tath, it's a TOSHIBA Satellite C850 :Y: :D

Latest posts