gold detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hyi all am planning a trip to western creek station in april this will be my first time detecting any advive

{MonHi I was up there 2 years ago gold a bit hard to find showers great
a dingo or two They kill dogs its hot in April but a few trees along
the creek{dry} rocky ground and hilly nice people who own it
Shirley and Geoff phone 0740625591
Hope this helps you enjoy
Des {mond}

Hey there Dave.

I dont mind answering a first post that is a question.... :cool:

The owners are good people and are very helpful in pointing you in the direction the gold is coming from on the property. The showers/toilets are descent and there was no power on site when I was there.

If you listen to the publican in Georgetown you can pull over on the side of the road to western creek and find it ( I never tried). I didnt find any when I was up there, but people did apparently.

Hope all goes well and you get onto some color there and as Mond says it will be hot in April.....

Camping fees back then was $15/night.

Cheers

I spent a few days there and found nothing, others had been there for a week and found nothing. There is good gold there, some good nuggets were found the week before we got there, but you need to bring your GPS and be prepared to do some walking. The further from the access tracks you get the better your chances, just make sure you stay in the allowed areas.

Hi dave27, I should be going out to Western Creek again April/May or maybe when ever Easter is this year. April will be cooling down compared to what it is now.
Gold is getting harder to find but I think there is still plenty of country to look at yet, like Magilla said get away from the beaten track, that's what I'll be doing now.

Give Shirley and Geoff a ring before hand. If no answer just leave a message and Shirley will always get back to you.
Were will you be travelling from? What detector do you have?

Regards

Latest posts