Prospecting / Gold detecting tours & training NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Have received an email this morning from Kim - Nuggets from Downunder saying they have a new website etc.

Noticed they are now offering seminars/field days, training days, training camps, demo days around the Mudgee area as well as their WA Quad Bike Adventures.
http://www.nuggetsfromdownunder.com/#!metal-detector-tours--training-/c1q3p

I have no affiliation with them but have read/heard of people interested in this type of thing in NSW. Have been into the shop to buy bits & pieces a few times & they are always friendly + helpful so can recommend them in that way. Just thought I would bring it to anyone's attention that may be interested in this type of thing in NSW & would like to see something like this be a success around this area. Can only benefit the hobby + tourism locally & state-wide if people can do this here rather than travel interstate.

p.s. Also in the email "As the site is new, if there are any issues please do not hesitate to let us know. We are still adding more to the site so if you are looking for something that is not there please let us know."

Cheers Matt

There is a section on my website that lists what the course covers, the link is under my picture on the left. My missus is a geologist so she teaches that, and I cover mapping, metal detecting, sluicing, dry blowing etc.
We are in WA at the moment and doing training individually on demand over here. When we are back on the east coast we will be running small group lessons again, when it's a bit warmer.
We run them in various locations/states. Quite a few members here attended our courses at Tuena earlier this year.

DD

Hey DD shame to say I was not one of them. Would have liked to have been there though. Please let me know when you come back Sydney way & I'll be in for a course with my partner.
The geologist for a Wife just tops it off!

Matt The Magic Man said:
Hey DD shame to say I was not one of them. Would have liked to have been there though. Please let me know when you come back Sydney way & I'll be in for a course with my partner.
The geologist for a Wife just tops it off!

DD +1
Cheers Peter

Hi all I am new to the game of detecting but so happy the family got me a garrett. Have been out to Nanango but no luck will keep trying ,looking forward to reading some great posts. ;)

Diggerdude said:
There is a section on my website that lists what the course covers, the link is under my picture on the left. My missus is a geologist so she teaches that, and I cover mapping, metal detecting, sluicing, dry blowing etc.
We are in WA at the moment and doing training individually on demand over here. When we are back on the east coast we will be running small group lessons again, when it's a bit warmer.
We run them in various locations/states. Quite a few members here attended our courses at Tuena earlier this year.

DD

Hey DD, just checked out your website. Looks pretty good and some great stories with lots of pics of your finds :)

Let me know when you guys will be back in Vic, I'm interested in doing one of your courses.

Au

Info for GPX users from JohnApthorp
GPX Mastery weekend. Posted by JohnApthorp on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:12 pm on another forum. Might be of interest to anyone wanting to do a course.

"Following on from the "Go Minelabbing" weekend held at Windeyer last month, we asked Greckie from Golden Triangle Tours if he could come back to Mookerawa where the Goanna Musters were held, & run a "Full on" training weekend on the "ins & outs" of the GPX 4500 & the GPX 5000.

For those who know Greckie, he didn't hesitate & after further discussions, the following details were agreed upon.

Saturday 24th August 2013 from 8.30am until approx. 6pm. (Geology & detector theory)

Sunday 25th August 2013 from 9am till approx 5pm (Practical in the field demos)

Course details:

Day 1 will be in the conference centre & is a theory day. Your notes will be provided but you can bring a pen & paper to make additional notes if you wish.

Day 2 is a practical day in the field. Remember to bring your GPX5000 or GPX4500, a fully charged battery, your harness & any coils that you like to use. If unsure, then bring the 11" monoloop coil that comes standard in the kit.

The GPX Mastery course is limited to just 30 participants & the reason for that, is to ensure that every person gets a high degree of attention, especially in the practical section of the program.
One extra place has been created for the winner of our special GPX 5000 purchaser prize draw. The winner will have his seat for FREE for purchasing a GPX 5000 from Goanna Gold Detectors during the period from 8th April till 9th August. Prize will be drawn on Saturday 10th & the winner will be notified.
Contact Goanna Gold Detectors for further details about the GPX Mastery Prize draw.

The cost for this weekend will be $300 per person. Lunch and snacks will be provided on both days but breakfast & tea are at your expense. Accommodation is also at your expense but I can personally recommend the cabins. I believe there are still about 3 left.
There are also powered sites for caravans ect.

If you own a GPX 5000 & wish to maximise it to it's full potential, then this weekend is your best chance to be trained by one of the best trainers in the business.

Greckie has offered the weekend to us at these never to be repeated prices so let's make the most of it while we can.

To book for these lessons, please phone Judy on 02 4938 7670 & ALSO book your accommodation through the Mookerawa SRA on 02 6846 8426.

All the best & I will catch you there.

Gary."

Cheers Matt

shivan said:
I personally could not recommend DD's course enough :cool:
Learnt hell of a lot and had a great time doing it with some great people :D
I'll second that.
Trent and Jackie share some very valuable info through the course

G'day all
just finished a two day course with Greckie here in Mudgee at the Nuggets From Down under shop, what an informative weekend, everything from geology to detector setting and techniques, I thought I had my 5000 running sweet, now it is running super sweet, the lessons on geology really opened my eyes and answered so many questions and confusions I had running around in my head. I realise I still have so much to learn and Greckie has given me the foundations to build on.

I believe he will be running these courses on a regular basis here in Mudgee and the price was well within reason, and even though we got rained out here today ( bring the rain on) and very little of the practical session in the field done he has invited us back to redo it at a later date at no cost of course.

If you want to get the most out of your detector I would highly recommend this course.

PS thanks Greckie and your very professional crew for the weekend.

cheers lab

Sounds good mate - shame about the rain but we need it badly. Good that he is coming back to redo it. Your 5000 was running pretty sweet before - you'll smash it now!

Be well worth doing something like this - amazes me at times that people will spend $6500 on a detector but baulk at a few hundred for a training course especially when you read a lot of things about people struggling with settings etc. I'll be getting on one after I get the GPX when my roster permits.

Hi Gents, i was thinking of doing a tag-a-long tour sometime this year in NSW to hopefully hone my skills. Has anyone done these before? thoughts? Any reccomendations on the best tour operators would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hy guys ,

Last year I went on a 10 Day all inclusive tour with Gold Relics ( Darren Kamp from Creswick ) to WA ( Kalgoorlie). I had a ball as did the other 7 on the trip. Darren and his helpers were great, very informative and helpful especially if you were newbies which some of us were. Darren has been detecting for years with quite good success. We all found gold ( never enough lol) and also a few relics (check the horseshoe brooch in my avatar). If I was fit enough to do 10 days straight I would go again. Have not been on a tag along but I am sure if you contact them they will fill you in. I would be suprised if you didn't come back with some gold as that is what keeps people going on the tours. I know Darren likes to not only " park on the gold" but also looks for " new ground" and gives a variety of likely spots.

Hope you have a great time wherever you decide to go and find some colour

Regards

Bob

Ps the gold around my Avatar is from the trip.

Latest posts