Gold Detecting, Fossicking and Prospecting in NSW. Information and questions.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet but was going to go to "Detect A Den" tomorrow and see what will suit. I work in Kingston which is just around the corner of the store

well I am an idiot... for some reason I kept thinking the address was number 17... Ramjets link shows 74.. oh well back on Monday lol

Hi there I'm wondering if anyone is prepared to recommend some spots in nsw that aren't sucked dry of gold . Using a gpx5000 and a sdc2300 and new the the hobbie. Been out the last 3 weekends in a row and starting to get quit a collection of bullets and other random junk. Any recommendations would be much appreciated . :)

I recommend doing some research & possibly even buying Doug Stones NSW book as a starting point. No sane person is going to give you their spot that is still yielding gold & to be quite frank it is pretty rude to even ask!
You may do better letting people know where you are & see if someone would be prepared/available to take you out & give you a hand.

mbasko said:
I recommend doing some research & possibly even buying Doug Stones NSW book as a starting point. No sane person is going to give you their spot that is still yielding gold & to be quite frank it is pretty rude to even ask!
You may do better letting people know where you are & see if someone would be prepared/available to take you out & give you a hand.

I have Doug stones book. Sorry if that's rude for asking for recommendations. I wasn't asking for exact spots .....
I'm in the blue mountains and always keen if someone with more knowledge would be interested . Sorry again if you took it as rude mbasko. Cheers

Hi Andyndan, welcome. Mbasko is right.
This forum has sections to it when studied will give you a great education in most aspects of the hobby,panning, detectorising, sluicing etc.
Practise makes perfect, so go to a park or vacant land space and get a feel of your machines'. Most of us have a few to play and learn from. A bit of application and luck is all it takes. :/
Good luck in your new hobby. :p
Jaros :p :p

Jaros said:
Hi Andyndan, welcome. Mbasko is right.
This forum has sections to it when studied will give you a great education in most aspects of the hobby,panning, detectorising, sluicing etc.
Practise makes perfect, so go to a park or vacant land space and get a feel of your machines'. Most of us have a few to play and learn from. A bit of application and luck is all it takes. :/
Good luck in your new hobby. :p
Jaros :p :p

Thanks for your constructive post jaros. I'm excited for the adventures ahead . I've done a lot of study even well before I purchased my machines and look forward to continuing studying . Thanks again . :p

Your in a good base in the Blue Mountains with plenty of reasonably close options like Oberon, Sunny Corner, Sofala, Hill End, Tuena etc. etc. None of these spots are sucked dry of gold & with research + patience will all give up gold.
If your heading out to any of these areas put something up on the forum & I'm sure someone would be willing to help you out. Several members are heading to Hill End on the 13-17th Feb. That would be an ideal time to catch up with some helpful people.
Wasn't trying to be harsh mate but a first up post that appeared to be asking for a spot to get gold isn't always a good starting point.
I'll be heading out late next week so may be able to catch up if heading in the right direction.

mbasko said:
Your in a good base in the Blue Mountains with plenty of reasonably close options like Oberon, Sunny Corner, Sofala, Hill End, Tuena etc. etc. None of these spots are sucked dry of gold & with research + patience will all give up gold.
If your heading out to any of these areas put something up on the forum & I'm sure someone would be willing to help you out. Several members are heading to Hill End on the 13-17th Feb. That would be an ideal time to catch up with some helpful people.
Wasn't trying to be harsh mate but a first up post that appeared to be asking for a spot to get gold isn't always a good starting point.
I'll be heading out late next week so may be able to catch up if heading in the right direction.

Awesome . Yeh all good mbasko. Just want to learn here. Not looking to steal old mates spots . Sorry if I was being a bit forward. But yeh this is good as I'm more a ' talking to the old blokes ' kind of learner . Prefer that much more than reading a pile of books. Although books are great to .

Looking to get lots of G O L D , Well I'm willing to share my spots with you Andyndan,.. but only if you are willing to drive the getaway vehicle from outside the bank(hee hee hee ha),...aaaaaaaaahhhahahahaha, still laughing at myself now,.. chuckle chuckle.
Cheers and welcome to the forum.
Silver.

Latest posts