Gippy Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gippy

Dave
Reaction score
I know of a creek in Gippsland that has Gold and Zircons, I have chased them all the way to a spring that starts in a gully.
The specs that I found still had rough edges so they are more than just a flash in the pan, the Zircons are only small, Around 2mm..

Apparently 2 Prospectors found some samples nearby one weighed in at 6.5 oz (Trove)

Moondarra

Food for thought

I think I read a license application which had a spring in it on Trove the other day, different spot so there must be a few in the area. There are certainly zircons around, I find heaps where I'm panning and my biggest has to be over 3 mm, get some good coloured ones too. Unfortunately I get more zircons than gold!

I've been looking around gippy for gold as I'm from pakenham
But only found a few specks of flour gold. If anyone would like to meet up and give me a hand which be great ..

Trove is a good starting point Prospector. Also knowing the area and the older locals really helps in the research, Sadly some have past on.

Buddy Richards.

God Bless.

dazza1988 said:
But only found a few specks of flour gold. If anyone would like to meet up and give me a hand which be great ..

Gday Dazza. I cant help you at the moment because I cant help myself :|

dazza1988 wrote:

Gday Dazza. I cant help you at the moment because I cant help myself neutral

Yeah I'm the same, just cant seem to get a lot

Dazza, there are a few areas I think behind Drouin to Warragul and then some good spots behind Moe. Russel's Creek come to mind and we had a PA meetup there a bit less than a year ago now. But like Gippy says, Trove is a great tool and so is online research.

That's ok gippy yer abit more research it is lol well if you wanna catch and try together that's cool with me too I've found abit of info on geo vic site shows some areas

Latest posts