Getting into the Game

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,
Just thought I'd say a quick g'day to everyone. I came across this forum a couple of months ago but joined just recently after realising this is one of the more welcoming forums around.
I'm just starting out but in my past career has a forest officer have had the opportunity to visit quite a bit of historic mining area especially in Far East Gippsland but never tried my hand at prospecting. Anyway I'm looking at getting my first detector so any advice would great, I have know doubt there is a wealth of knowledge on here.
Look forward to chatting guys
Cheers :)

Welcome FarEast, I'm also a newbie to this forum, but if you're into gold detecting, then I highly recommend a thorough reading of:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2042

I had been detecting for around 3 years before joining and still learned a lot from his knowledgeable diatribe. Then more from this forum in general and in meeting some out bush.

Luck mate! BW

Gday n welcome mate, how far east we talking.. like Sale? Gippsland's a bit of a struggle to swing a detector being so dense ..but you never know. You would have seen plenty in the past with that sort of work :D Gold detectors can reach into a few thousand dollars.

Latest posts