Gday

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday everyone,

Bit about myself, been in Victoria most of my life, grew up in west Gippsland and headed to town about 12 years ago.

First got in to some metal detecting videos on YouTube, went down the rabbit hole and ended up finding myself watching a heap of panning and sluicing videos.

I got myself my Miners Rights and started trying to figure out how to go about this, inevitably ending up here amongst you guys. I feel pretty overwhelmed with all the knowledge you guys have and will take my time trying to figure out how to make any sense of any of this.

I went out with a couple of mates, Sunday past, with very little idea of what we were doing. Headed off to Heathcote-Graytown with our pans to see how we go. The couple of creeks Id looked up were bone dry, which is lucky cause a list of exempt rives and streams exist. Beautiful area and perfect day for a walk though, came across signs of the old timers being out there which was really cool.

Keen to get back out but will have to do some more research. Thanks for sharing knowledge Ill keep reading up.

Cheers Everyone

Welcome to PA Mugnut :goldpan: :pickshovel:
and research is key :goldnugget: