Gday from Searching Still

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday Everyone, just a quick introduction from myself.
I love to get out prospecting or fossicking for gems, whether it be detecting sluicing sieving panning. Whatever it be its all good.
Unfortunately its been a while.
In S.E.Q and any of the above involves a bit of travel.
Fantastic forum , I have read a lot of very interesting articles on here over the years as a guest
and thought it about time that I joined.
Thanks to the many knowledgeable and practical people here.
Cheers everyone
Searching Still

G'day SS welcome to PA, no need to tell you how to look things up :) your well acquainted by the sounds of it :Y: All the best on your adventures, looking forward to reading your posts :beer:

Gidday SS,

How're you doing?
I'm on the Goldie and sympathise with you regarding distances to any gem/gold fields with decent amounts of anything on them. We do have "Thunder Eggs" up Mt Tambourine but they have been totally smashed and I haven't heard of anyone finding anything there over the last decade.
I'm almost ready to travel, have a few things left to do on my 80 series, then I'd like to explore a bit, probably out Warwick way for gold and gem stones, maybe a bit further west for opal. I know Warwick is out of the question atm due to the amount of water still on the ground but it'll be fantastic when it dries up. Of course there's Inverell and surrounds, (Glen Innes, Stanthorpe etc) for sapphire, ruby, tin and other gems. I do detecting, sluicing, panning and fossicking, so I'd like to go places I can work on all these skills.
I'm also looking to do a course on detecting for my 5000 to step up a level as so far I am all manual/book/youtube taught. I'd like to catch Donnie from Pascoe Lads when he's passing thru. That'd be great.
So if you're interested and going my way, (or even your way), in the future give me a bell here.

Cheers - Mr Tee