G'day from 50% Sydney 50% Singapore

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey inmates!

Check my treasure from my first hour on the beach here in Singapore - total victory eh!? :)

1404555875_wp_20140705_002.jpg

I'm and expat splitting time between SG and AU and when in AU last month decided to try a new hobby.....you guessed it!
My mate's just bought 300 acres near Mudgee NSW and there's plenty of outcrops with what looks like quartzite....who knows if that's good...
So I got a new ATX Deepseeker kit and took it to Singapore to practice.

Well today I tried it at the beach for an hour and first impressions - jeez this is hard!
Interpreting the tones and trying to centre over the hugely valuable bottletop I'm about to unearth....
So - I have the tool now need some skills.

Any utubes or stuff like that I should look at? There's no-one here that I know of to learn from.

Cheers all!

Davo

search youtube for gold detecting and ATX and you will get about 500 hours of videos to watch

let us know if you want a guide on the mudgee property , and by that i mean post photos and we will tell you where to look and what tools to use

:)

thanks guys.....good idea HeadsUp.......I'm an amature/private heli pilot so could get some good aerial snaps ...... I'm really looking forwards to learning all this stuff especially coz I was interested in geology as a kid in UK and as a teenager joined a caving and mines explorations group......we 're-discovered' loads of old closed mines (mainly lead and silver) but were really into the history rather than recovering ore.

Cheers all!
Davo

Latest posts