Garrett to rival Minelab's GPX5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I'm told there will be a range of coils to suit the new Garrett too. Sounds good to me and a real competitor to the Minelab/coiltek range. Cant wait to see the specs.

i was going to buy a at gold tonight but i will wait a few months thanks for the news

I'll be heading to the dealer conference on the Goldcoast in September where they will reveal the new detector to the Garrett dealers. I'll give you an insider to what, how much & a release date from there.
It's shame they aren't doing it now. Imagine hitting those washed away beaches with it. MMMMMMMMM goodies

I have argued with My Minelab Explorer 2 for years and could never make sense of it ,,The woman at the detector shop the other day informed Me My machine is probably one of the IRISH manufactured ones,,, MMMMMMMM

L/R

hard to believe. it will need to be pulse induction for starters. The garrett deepseeker was useless for aust. the groundhog was never sold in usa & was made for aust. conditions. Most wa prospectors used the a2b g/hog up until the m/lab 2000.

Im thinking of purchasing my first detector was looking at an AT Gold but this new model sounds good, probably outta my price and skill range but its nice to dream of owning a fully submersible detector.

kiwited said:
And then the GPX 6000 will be released

There will be no GPX6000, they are going to come under a new naming format.

I have this from a very reliable industry source, not from a forum.

Well, so how did the dealer conference go with the new garrett?
Keen to find out as well, as in the new year I'll be looking for a new rig since I'll be relocating to Nth Qld and be hitting up the fields around Clermont every 2nd week going deep into them to find the areas less ventured, so will want a good peice of kit.

I asked Garrett but they wouldn't give me any information, wondering why :p
And somehow it is pretty hard to find news about detectors in general.
please enlighten us....

Firmware - I am surprised that minelab detectors cannot be updated by way of firmware online. The oldest GPX 5000 out their could be bang upto date if that was possible.

also, firmware for specific geographical locations could be made available?

Minelab must have their reasons.

Ted

Hi guys, would be great if it was cheaper, have been thinking about GPX 5000 but the price for one is very steep especially when one is just starting out.... will be watching for sure. :)

Hopefully we get to find out about this new detector at the dealer Conference, the Americans are going to be their to show off what ever it is they have, should be good.

hope to get the info soon as my missus is onto me about getting her a 5000. I would love a better detector that's as easy to use as the infinium or as was said, a better infinium ;)

BrisJoe said:
Keen to find out as well, as in the new year I'll be looking for a new rig since I'll be relocating to Nth Qld and be hitting up the fields around Clermont every 2nd week going deep into them to find the areas less ventured, so will want a good peice of kit.

the dealer conference is on the 16th-18th of October, we wont know about the new detector till then. but we are excited to see what they have.

dollypot said:
hard to believe. it will need to be pulse induction for starters. The garrett deepseeker was useless for aust. the groundhog was never sold in usa & was made for aust. conditions. Most wa prospectors used the a2b g/hog up until the m/lab 2000.

Iv'e still got an A2B & it still works perfectly, I also saw one on Gumtree the other day for $150

i was looking at an at gold...........but I just might wait and see what the new offering is first! let's know how it goes at the conference.
jason78 said:
BrisJoe said:

the dealer conference is on the 16th-18th of October, we wont know about the new detector till then. but we are excited to see what they have.

gadgetman45 said:
dollypot said:

Iv'e still got an A2B & it still works perfectly, I also saw one on Gumtree the other day for $150

When I bought my ADS1 deepseeker I didn't know anything about detectors. However I never found gold with it I did find some coins and rubbish and had plenty of fun in the process. I come to the conclusion that its more suited to be a coin and relic detector. But my question is what was it that made the groundhog and A2B better for Australian conditions and prospecting.

Regards
Greg

Latest posts