Garrett Price Hike.. Fact or Fiction?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadgetman45

Derek
Reaction score
Hi All,
Have just got back from buying myself a new AT Pro + Pro pointer + Garrett digger, after buying my gear I had a chat with owner who said that it won't be long before the price of the AT Pro goes up by several hundred $$$$, fact or fiction, I don't know, just thought I would put it out there what I was told.

I don't think so seeing as they only just lowered their prices, but I could be wrong though. Maybe one of the dealers could comment?

P.S. I just updated your title to something a little more descriptive ;)

Nugget.

Well it seems the price hike is a definite. I know of at least two dealers who have started announcing significant price increases on most Garrett gear as of the 1st of August.

Maybe we should get together a massive Garrett group buy, buying now at the current prices and selling later on at grossly inflated prices. It could be the best investment decision you make all year :lol:

Nugget.

Just checked my local dealers website & there's no price change yet, for Garrett detectors, so I phoned them up & was told that all stock they are currently holding will be sold at current price, but as soon as new stock arrives the increase will be in the vicinity of 25%......so there you go, anyone want a Garrett, get in quick.

gadgetman45 said:
Just checked my local dealers website & there's no price change yet, for Garrett detectors, so I phoned them up & was told that all stock they are currently holding will be sold at current price, but as soon as new stock arrives the increase will be in the vicinity of 25%......so there you go, anyone want a Garrett, get in quick.

Was told exactly the same thing, August price will increase by about 25%..

My local disposal store has been out of stock of most Garrett product for a few weeks now, so I have had a Pro Pointer on back order. It seems the US Dollar slide has taken it's toll. All Garrett stock has gone up. Pro Pointer now retailing at $200.00.

So the dollar comes down 15% and the prices go up 25%

Go Team Australia!!!

The word was Garrett was going up by about 25% in August no matter what with the dollar, there is a thread about it already.

yeah i was buying a garrett at pro from my local store but the price went up $200. :mad:

Go from 2 importers to just one and then there is a 25% price increase.

Seems legit!

I know sometimes price increases can't be helped, but a 25% wack in one go seems to be a great way to shoot yourself in the foot and push sales to the competition! I know I'm being abit cynical here, but could the price rise have anything to do with the increase in exposure of the Garrett AT Pro on shows such as 'Diggers' etc and the increase in popularity of our hobby! Surely Not! Just a thought.

Thanks Tony, just been looking at Ed's website, $8.95usd for a 14" Garrett pan, vs $34aud at Aussie retailer. More than 350% PRICE DIFFERENCE.

Ed's Texas Premium is worth a look seeing as the new aussie RRP for AT Pro is $975 and he has AT Pro with free Lesche for under $600usd.

as much as i want to support local businesses its getting harder to with the price difference so large between aus and us sellers. when it comes to a matter of over $300 difference in price for the at pro it does make sense to buy from the states. i went and brought a teknetics because i couldnt get the at pro for the original price and was to impatient to wait for it if i brought from the states.

Yes, up until August our prices werent that much dearer then the states after freight n currency exchanges etc.
We were not inundated with customers.
But as of recent price rise we seem to be a bit of a tad more expensive even after applying gst to the mix.

We will be offering deals every week , basically tho the price cannot come down but extra things can
be added into the sale, like pans, coils n covers, bags etc. free freight on detectors.
For forum members, if there is something u have in mind, message us through this forum and we'll
see if we can add it for a limited time as a special on our web store. Nothing works better then
cash in hand when negotiating a price in person at a shop.
Remember tho, the supply price has gone up.

Cheers.
Lee.
ps. eventually I'll figure out how to edit the web code n include promo codes in the checkout, but
in the reading its going to take me a while to set it up n may corrupt the site...:)

Latest posts