Garrett Infinium vs AT Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

Respectfully after some thoughts regarding the 2 detectors.

I am looking at combining a detector into my searching - however I have one specific requirement that does narrow it down - I want to be able to use it in water as well as land (only creek wading etc not deep). Dry land will most likely be with creek areas and the areas that drain into them.

Prospecting only for gold - no beach or relic / coin hunting.

Does anyone have experience with creek / river hunting with either? Does any ground out Bathurst / Hill End way give the VLF a headache or does it cope OK?

I have searched through previous posts and have been able to narrow it down to these 2 that might suit. But searching for further thoughts before committing.

Cheers

I have the AT Gold, Not actually used on the gold fields but the whole reason I got it was it is such a good machine for your basic coin and relic search and if you want to go searching for nuggets its fully capable of doing this also, ( That's why its called the AT Gold lol ) I watched many videos of ppl using it for both searches and it can do both no probs

Latest posts