Garrett Edge digger

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just received the digger from USA amazon purchase, and went for first MD with it and after first dig and a little pressure it has already bent and buckled
what a piece of sh*t !!! :mad: :mad:
my mate has the same one for over 4 years and its in A1 condition still

any one suggest a much better durable digger?

Maybe you bought a fake one, because the garret is good. The other one that people recommend is the lesche.

Please excuse my hijack...

FFIndustries (That is me) will soon be stocking the new Deteknix digging tool....

More Pics on my web shop, but no price at this moment; but as with all the other Deteknix products. I expect it will be value for money.

Has a rib for extra strength and is not super long... Thus; it does the job a small digging hand tool is expected to do. After that; you get a Spade and or a Pick...

1434765952_d_k_1.jpg

1434766103_d_k_8.jpg

I have a Lesche digger and have had absolutely no troubles with it since replacing my garrett digger which I lost in the field. The Lesche has been put under all sorts of stress, and has yet to fail me. I didn't like the Garrett digger, cheap, blunt as a tack, and not very good quality (my hand grip fell off as well).

I thought about those diggers and decided to make my own. just great for the grass and lawn of parks where they are usually watered. I cut a piece of 25mm tubing, [the thin walled stuff] about 10" long, cut two of the sides off, leaving the other two making a "v" blade, then put that blade in the vice and "opened" it up just a tad to make it a little flatter. Shaped the tip into a shallow point, and walla, works well. I put a plastic stopper in the end, the type that closes off the end of the 25mm tube. If I bend it, all I have to do is find a piece of steel, with my hammer to bring it back into shape. The alternative is to chuck it, and make another. I got lots of the 25mm stuff in the shed.....easy!
I've even thought of making a push handle like the ones you've talked about that could be interchanged if need be. The other alternative is to buy one of those spades, about 27" long with the v shaped blade on them, [$54.00 from US delivered to the door]

Latest posts