Garrett AT Gold in the NT - A.Springs and T.Creek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys/Gals,

just starting out and toying with the idea of detecting (and panning). Was wondering if anyone has had any experience using the AT Gold in the NT, highly mineralised ground and if they are capable of giving good results up here.

Haven't had much luck on finding much information about them, i know they are pretty much 'entry level' which suits me to a T but will it work. You can only read so much.

anyone have any first hand experience with them?

Cheers,

Dale.

Hello Dale
I had an AT Gold for the first 5 months of my detecting, which started March last year. I never found one piece of gold in the Victorian Golden Triangle which also has highly mineralised ground. I then spent a lot more money and got a GPX4500 and have now found 18 small pieces in the last 6 months. Sort of speaks for itself.
Cheers Dignit

I've had an AT Gold for a while now which I bought as mainly a coin machine close to home and I've found a small amount in the creeks here. But I wanted a backup machine for the 5000 when I ventured down south to the GT a couple of times a year..... (because work always gets in the way of doing good stuff)
In the highly mineralised ground it virtually unuseable no matter what settings I used. It is a little noisy around home due to hot rocks everywhere but they have a sound of their own and it's easy to pick a good signal over any other noise.
AT Golds are a brilliant coin and relic machine and do find gold. A mate of mine finds tiny tiny bits of gold crevicing in creeks ......... yes crevicing ......with his AT. I didn't believe he'd detected these tiny fly s*^# flakes until I saw him do it with my own eyes!
If your chasing gold in the GT get a good PI machine.......I'm very attached to the 5000 ;)

Latest posts