From FaceBook

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiron52

Dave
Reaction score
Part of a conversation recently posted on Facebook -

"(poster1)
I met a guy who had just come up from there, he wasn't detecting but used his gold ring on a pendulum to divine for gold. He did surprisingly well with quite a few good nuggets. Definitely worth a look. I don't know where he was looking down there though. Best of luck! Would love to know what you uncover.

(poster 2)
Cheers for the info and thats an interesting way of finding nuggets hey. ?

(poster1)
I thought so too. He said the gold ring was attracted to the gold in the ground and it would swing in the direction of nugget.
Once over the nuggets it would spin in a circle while feeling a slight pull towards the ground and that's where he'd dig.
He said he had ditched his detector in favour of this method as it had no depth limit.
"

Anyone heard of this method before?

Any other "crazy" ways of finding gold you may have heard or seen?

I used to be able to divine water very well and accurately. Seemed to have lost the skill nowadays. But I had heard of dowsing (divining) anything with the use of a host.
It was how minerals were found in Europe hundreds of years ago.
I could have the kids go and hide something then get the divining rods and go and find it. Was quite amazing really and I could not work it out.
Now if only I had a 10kg nugget so I could go look for one. ;)

Latest posts