Newbie from Beerwah

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a total newcomer to Gold Prospecting and have begun my research into every aspect so that I can head off in the right direction when I finally retire at the end of 2022. I have a collection of Gold, Gem and Treasure mags and I particularly like to read the Echoes from the Past stories of Prospectors in our bygone era. In one story the Murchison Region of W.A. tells a tail, which I will cover in brief of a camel herder looking for his lost camels about miles to kms of 400 east of a coastal town called Onslow. He stumbled onto a creek with water in it and Gold deposits nearby. But he had to get back to get more supplies to return. The money would have been hard to come by I guess, but illness delayed him and on his death bed he told a woman nurse he knew about his discovery. She rallied some men to go back to the location, but there was no further report of any discovery, until this modern day I heard that there is a new Gold Rush in the Parabadoo Region, which would roughly be where the old timers directions would lead to.

Welcome to the Forum Wazza. A better retirement hobby you will never find as you also seem to enjoy the reading and research side of it. May the gold be kind to you on your trips, and may the trips be golden in themselves.

Latest posts