Found on my doorstep.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had a knock at the door yesterday and when I answered it this was sitting there.My lovely wife and kids bought it for me for my birthday which is on Thursday.There might be a few silly questions coming your way guys as I have never setup or run a pump before.Asked a guy who works at the waste treatment plant if he would have any hose laying around.He is going to see if he has.
1470759075_image.jpg
1470759101_image.jpg

Great present, Eldorado. Make sure you fill it with oil, as they are generally shipped empty. Some like to replace the spark plug, too, but I have not had trouble with mine.

By memory, Tathradj put up a post sometime with a fair bit of info about care and feeding of such pumps.

Thanks guys for your great advice and birthday wishes.I will have a good look at the pump tomorrow and see if it has any oil in it. Thanks for the link DrDuck and Limpalot I will take your advice and use the 98 unleaded.Happy Birthday to you Tathradj,have a great day tomorrow.Goldrat Happy Birthday for the 18th.BTW, WIFE got the pump for $220 on eBay,seller was" genquip " other sellers are selling them for $299.

Eldorado said:
Asked a guy who works at the waste treatment plant if he would have any hose laying around.He is going to see if he has.

HB Eldorado & Tathradj. I wouldn't use any hose from a water treatment plant if I were you Eldorado, to many risks if you do choose to use some make sure your Hepatitis shots are upto date, the course will take 3 months of shots. Clean usable hose isn't that expensive Try ESDAN Hose products in Dandenong South Vic. I work in the for a few water authorities and if it were offered to me I'd decline. A short term financial gain is good in the right context Hepatitis is for life as I said not worth the RISK imo. Your new pump looks great I'm sure you'll have many hours of fun all the best.

Cheers Goldengoose,Had a good day but just about to head off to work until 3.30 am

Don't now where my original post is, I will have to do some digging. LOL
The hose I use is Ex Town Fire Brigade Canvas rubber bore.
I would not use ex effluent hose for the obvious reasons. :) :)

HB Eldorado & Tathradj. I wouldn't use any hose from a water treatment plant if I were you Eldorado, to many risks if you do choose to use some make sure your Hepatitis shots are upto date, the course will take 3 months of shots. Clean usable hose isn't that expensive Try ESDAN Hose products in Dandenong South Vic. I work in the for a few water authorities and if it were offered to me I'd decline. A short term financial gain is good in the right context Hepatitis is for life as I said not worth the RISK imo. Your new pump looks great I'm sure you'll have many hours of fun all the best.

Tathradj I was wondering the same RE original post? Thought it was me, obviously not. Keep me posted if you find them

http://www.powellindustrial.com.au/home.html

These guys have flat hose and fittings, really any type of hose you could think of. Different grades and sizes too.
Found them really helpful and the best for price.
They have locations in Qld, Vic, NSW and WA.

I am in no way connected to this company and there may be others that would recommend somewhere else.
Had a good experience dealing with them.
Cheers :)

Latest posts