Found my first gold ring

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well today my daughter (Miss 13 YO) rang me in tears, she had lost her gold signet ring at a friends house. Dad with AT Gold in hand off to said friends house to see what can be done before mother of Miss 13 finds
After about 1.50 hours of slowly working a horse yard we found it, much to Miss 13's joy.

Now for the funny side of the find, I always promised Miss 13 that the first ring I find will be hers, promise kept and now dad and his metal detecting hobbie is not so lame after all. :D

1389076515_image.jpg
out.

Arwon said:
Well today my daughter (Miss 13 YO) rang me in tears, she had lost her gold signet ring at a friends house. Dad with AT Gold in hand off to said friends house to see what can be done before mother of Miss 13 finds
After about 1.50 hours of slowly working a horse yard we found it, much to Miss 13's joy.

Now for the funny side of the find, I always promised Miss 13 that the first ring I find will be hers, promise kept and now dad and his metal detecting hobbie is not so lame after all. :D

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/654/1389076515_image.jpgout.
Nice job Peter. Youre her hero now!

Well done Arwon great to read.
Glad you found it for her and made her so happy. :D :p
You are a super Dad to her that's for sure. :cool:

Great work, I have a similar story...Before retiring to Nowra I rented a friends old house in Sydney for a few years and soon after outlaying and buying a xterra 70 I decided to give the back yard a go. I had turned up 3 halfpennies , a key and various bolts screws etc, just then the detector went off and the indication was high that it was possibly gold, extracting the item turned up a 9 carat childs bracelet - the type that young children get when christened. Looking closely at it I could see a name engraved and you wouldn't believe it it was my mates daughter (who now is a 40 year old adult). Later that week I returned the bracelet to her and couldn't believe I found it after 30 odd years lost. Seeing the reaction and heartfelt thanks was reward enough for me.

bazza2210 said:
Great work, I have a similar story...Before retiring to Nowra I rented a friends old house in Sydney for a few years and soon after outlaying and buying a xterra 70 I decided to give the back yard a go. I had turned up 3 halfpennies , a key and various bolts screws etc, just then the detector went off and the indication was high that it was possibly gold, extracting the item turned up a 9 carat childs bracelet - the type that young children get when christened. Looking closely at it I could see a name engraved and you wouldn't believe it it was my mates daughter (who now is a 40 year old adult). Later that week I returned the bracelet to her and couldn't believe I found it after 30 odd years lost. Seeing the reaction and heartfelt thanks was reward enough for me.
Sweet!
Strangely enough, I was thinking about the possibility of finding that same ring before Arwon posted that he had found it but pictures of that same ring design popped into my head while I was detecting on sunday.

bazza2210 said:

Hope she cooked you a nice dinner.

Latest posts