Found a ceramic crucible with gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1644705132_img_0262.jpg

Hey guys recently a mate of mine bought land in Inglewood and when removing an old post this crucible was under the post in remarkably good condition. It also had smelted gold about 1cm thick in the bottom. She has since asked for valuation on the gold but I was wondering if anyone had any info on these ceremic makers and whether it in itself is worth anything. Cool story either way

it's worth the value of the gold in the bottom, the clay crucible is a nice collector item to look at on the man cave shelf, if you can get the gold out without smashing the crucible that is.

You will need to reheat and melt the gold and pour it out into a mould

Probably worth more as a collectors item with the gold still in it.....many would pay for something like that.

Makes you wonder how it got there with the gold in it - pinched?

If you could get an original empty crucible without gold, you could accurately measure the amount of gold in this one. A museum? Central Deborah mine site museum?

Cheers for the replies guys. Yeh she's getting the gold valued tomorrow. Will be interesting to see what it weighs up as

You have to separate the pot from the gold . Heat up to 1,000 plus .....

Latest posts