Forever searching

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather is hardly ever what it's forecast Headbut, but sounds like at least the ice hasn't formed on the edge of the creek yet. A few pickers sounds encouraging so hopefully more will cooperate on the next trip. Best of luck. Cheers Wal. :)

G'day Paul and from one newb to another welcome and good luck hunting.....cheers Debra and Daryl

WalnLiz said:
Weather is hardly ever what it's forecast Headbut, but sounds like at least the ice hasn't formed on the edge of the creek yet. A few pickers sounds encouraging so hopefully more will cooperate on the next trip. Best of luck. Cheers Wal. :)

Hi Wal , I see Tuena creek is 911m high to 432m low altitude,which would be the Abercombe bridge crossing on the low,so does the creek ever freeze & has it snowed there ? I know Black Springs is the highest point of Oberon, at 1211m & I did get caught in a snow storm last winter , but 911 may be just sleet. Also the water at Tuena is still OK to put your hands in, felt warm after a while, not like Obi, they go blue,Cheers Paul

Rarely get snow there mate, but last year had to chip ice off the pools where i run the detector on a couple of occasions. I'm talking middle of winter and 10km upstream from the town. Don't leave the jacket at home for the first few hours in the mornings. Cheers Wal.

Latest posts