Forever searching

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headbut

Paul
Reaction score
Hi All , my name is Paul & new the the forum. Always had the collector bug since a kid, but now that extends to the "ground" , & loven it. Being in Sydney , not easy for day trips to get to where the gold is , so Oberon is a fav for some nice small saphires & zircons.I get out to Tuena when ever possible, with the little 12v bilge pump operated sluicebox, & getting some nice little pieces .Love the forum ,good info & advice & will share any info where possible. Cheers

Welcome to the forum Paul, nice area that Oberon region, with a lot of potential. Look forward to sharing your adventures and possibly catching up on the stream, as we are regulars to the same region,...best of luck and happy hunting ...Cheers Wal. :)

G'day Paul
Welcome to the forum
I feel for your problem mate, Sydney is definatly NOT the most gold bearing area to be in.... :)
Still any excuse is a good one to get away from the big smoke and a hit the bush for a dig.

G'day Paul,

I'm in the same boat, always a decent drive to anywhere worth having a go. Very keen
to explore the Oberon region more also.

Heath

Welcome Paul,
Good luck on your qeust on the AU front.
Plenty of people here that are more than happy to help out.
Cheers
Brad....

WalnLiz said:
Welcome to the forum Paul, nice area that Oberon region, with a lot of potential. Look forward to sharing your adventures and possibly catching up on the stream, as we are regulars to the same region,...best of luck and happy hunting ...Cheers Wal. :)

We did pass each other once at Sapphire bend , I was entering, you & Liz were looking through the gravel for any gooduns & Liz said "We gotem all"
And you probably did ! Cheers

Thanks all for the warm welcome ,will be at Tuena Saturday or Sunday this weekend , not sure which day yet

Hi everybody ...
Looking at getting into detecting , am a keen fisherman so figuered this could work if the fish aren't biting...
My friend spikey is into looking for coins so has lent me his GPX 4000, which he said is only good for gold... So that's what I'm looking for! Any help would be great, I saw someone on here also from the northern beaches, my neck of the woods.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum Kingsolomon, What a great mate you have there lending you his 4000. The odds will be stacked in your favor when you get onto those goldfields, and I guess you can give him the coins you find as "Rental". Best of luck and hope that first nugget does not remain elusive...Cheers wal. :)

Thanks wal
Unfortunately I live in Sydney , tho will be going to cairns shortly , so maybe find something there . Oberon isn't to far off either. Just need to learn how to use it now!

G'day Kingsolomon,

I'm from the Northern Beaches also, mate hope he left you the instruction manual. :)
Should'nt be too hard to learn how to use. I'm keen to get back out over the mountains
too, though pretty nasty weather closing in for at least a few days. Cairns sounds perfect
right now.

No worries at all, always happy to have a beer too. Not sure if I'll get out this week,
won't be able to resist any longer than early next week. Weathers not looking too
flash, though that can be the best time at the beaches, no one there.

Anyway once you have 10 posts up just send me a PM when you're keen and we can
work out a time and place.

Cheers
Heath

Sweet heatho
My friend said he saw someone pinging at north narra the other day, probably you. I'm right near the beach, you find much on there beside current coins?

Yeah was me if it was inside on the lake section of beach, was mucking around
with a couple of friends. Found a few bucks, lots of foil, ringpulls, a few sinkers.

No good finds yet, I must get up too late or something, must have found a few
hundred bucks though in the 2 months I've owned it. Always enough for a coffee
on the way home.

Went to Tuena on Saturday , weather was not as promised by the beareu, cloudy but at least no rain. Creek woman was there again, which has to be 10 to 12 weeks now & still digging in the same spot !! , but on the gold , didn't see anyone else, where we were at least , got a few pickers & some fine stuff , creek was up a few inches on last visit , after some rain during last week . Hope to get another couple in before winter

Latest posts