First Outing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tillek

Ian
Reaction score
Not exactly record breaking - tonight was my cherry run. Hit the grass around the local netball courts. Too many foil tops of Gatorade :(
No coins, no jewellery - the obligatory ring pulls and a little something else
1363949745_sydney-20130322-00034.jpg

Well that's a start, I went detecting at an old school ground last Tuesday and the first target took me back to my school days, foil milk bottle tops, heaps of them. I haven't found a toy car yet. :) Mick

Well my second outing was a half hour sweep under a swing - upgraded from a matchbox car to a helicopter & $2.20

My 3rd swing, early this morning at an old church site - ground like cement, managed to pick up a 1958 penny (wish it was a 38) a shilling & 20c - left the plastic spiderman behind - he wasn't buried and the helicopter is better!

Will only get better from here champ, I'm sure the forum boys will help in any way so just ask!

I have some great spots in Sydney, check out some places that hold fairs and faits, group gatherings.

Dogmatic, I'm using a Bounty Hunter IV thought I'd start with something less costly to see if this is a genuine interest. Has good depth I've noticed.

Thanks Goldbuzz - i'm planning to slowly expand my circle of swept places, starting local looking at old picnic grounds etc next, might try the local show-ground one day when i have plenty of time

Monday morning I will try one of the Wollongong beaches, hopefully the warm weather meant busy beach.

Latest posts