First Gold!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now don't laugh...but this is it:

1420099507_20150101_1830051.jpg

1420099832_20150101_1829042.jpg

1420099593_20150101_1827521.jpg

1420099623_20150101_1826021.jpg

Two tiny specks :) haha But I'm happy...it's a start.

I headed out to Andersons Creek, Warrandyte today and met up with aussie280. It was the first time out for both of us so i wasnt expecting stellar results. Especially on ground that has been worked that extensively. Ended up doing about 15 pans in total for those two specks...plus a few more even smaller bits that I threw back. I definately enjoyed it and looking forward to heading out again. Reedy Creek within the week me thinks :)

Forgive me the bad photos. Just used my crappy phone camera and the loupe was almost out of batteries so the light was very dim. Makes the gold look very dull in the extreme closeups...I assure you its shines in real life. Haha.

Thanks for stoppin by.

PotOfGold said:
Now don't laugh...but this is it:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4298/1420099507_20150101_1830051.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4298/1420099832_20150101_1829042.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4298/1420099593_20150101_1827521.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4298/1420099623_20150101_1826021.jpg

Two tiny specks :) haha But I'm happy...it's a start.

I headed out to Andersons Creek, Warrandyte today and met up with aussie280. It was the first time out for both of us so i wasnt expecting stellar results. Especially on ground that has been worked that extensively. Ended up doing about 15 pans in total for those two specks...plus a few more even smaller bits that I threw back. I definately enjoyed it and looking forward to heading out again. Reedy Creek within the week me thinks :)

Forgive me the bad photos. Just used my crappy phone camera and the loupe was almost out of batteries so the light was very dim. Makes the gold look very dull in the extreme closeups...I assure you its shines in real life. Haha.

Thanks for stoppin by.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for a great day. Blind leading the blind. I will do more research and come up with a few options with better pay dirt.

Aussie280

I got my first the other day too, was much smaller than that and i had no idea what the hell was going on till i saw it, congrats

nice looking gold mate, nothing beats a day in the bush anyway, to come home with at least something on your first trip is a bonus

My very first trip out was exactly the same, nothing but 2 little bits. But it was way better than none at all :)

A good start i say

Well done! when i got my first bit very much the same as your find i was over the moon, went running up to my fiance yelling 'look i found gold' like it was an ounce in the pan, i was smiling, running like a goose and nearly fell over, she turned and said 'i think its a bit of glitter'
Keep at it and the fever will take over and you will find more, again well done mate

Thanks heaps. Headed out again to Warrandyte today and I'm happy to report that I did muuuuch better than my first time. Headed deep...a long way from the car park and it seemed to have paid off. I'll try get a pic up later sometime. The fever has well and truly got me :D

Well done PotOfGold, great effort for your second run at it.
Did you manage to use the AM Grubstake or just the pan?

ProspectorPete said:
Well done PotOfGold, great effort for your second run at it.
Did you manage to use the AM Grubstake or just the pan?

Thank you. Didn't use the Grubstake as there just isn't enough water down there for that atm...I tried in vain a week ago. So just panned today. Thinking of making a mini sluice like the one in the DIY section atm...I think that'll work down there.

Thats enough gold to keep you looking for more. first trip out i brought home Pyrite (fools gold) so your way ahead of the low bar i set.

Latest posts