Finds/gear bags

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldpick said:
I used to use the standard Minelab finds pouch, but now use a large black ammo dump bag mounted on my hip. The top of the bag is semi rigid, so it stays open ready to throw any junk in, plus I usually just throw the lesche and towel for excess soil in there as well. I prefer to have the lesche in the bag vs in its sheath, as it attracts less attention due to looking very "knife" like.

The top also has a velcro loop to close the bag, and velcro belt loops for easy removal without having to take off my belt. These are usually available at most disposals/outdoors shops and are very hard wearing.

Any valuable coins that I don't want scratched usually go straight into my vest front pocket. I ended up going for a larger bag to cater for the large amount of junk found at sites I detect, so rather than leave them in the ground, they either get thrown in the bin upon leaving, or disposed of at home. The Whites TRX sits in its pouch on my left side (cacky handed ;) )

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...5/1437895662_products9042-1200x800-254477.jpg
Looking like a knife if good in one way, scumbags would be bluffed into thinking you have a weapon and maybe move on.

Latest posts