False signals

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nucopia said:
Ok cool thanks John
Loool It cost more then the detector I bought :lol:
But i imagine in the long run it will be a good investment for me .
Cheers

Well where these come into their own is because keep it set to the max and you can use it to see if the target is near the surface, and they Can and do speed up the recovery time, I Won't detect without one And have used them for 10 or more years or so And I sold all my gear when I got sick, I have had three of them and they never let me down and Once I had to clean the switch and the Rotor that makes it Vibrate But I never had to touch it ever again, So they are Good.

Another thing is that you may have the sensitivity turned up slightly too much or the target is under the tree root, this has happened to me before. Can be quite frustrating.

Actually, that reminds me, got a couple of targets I abandoned in and around the gnarled roots of an old pine in a park nearby, now I have a pinpointer I reckon I'll have a better chance of chasing them down.

You know my first gold ring was under a big thick tree root, what a PITA it was too recover too. I just had a feeling it was a good target though and kept at it, took me a good half hour to recover it. :)

Heatho said:
You know my first gold ring was under a big thick tree root, what a PITA it was too recover too. I just had a feeling it was a good target though and kept at it, took me a good half hour to recover it. :)

So you Murdered Little Tree Roots just so you could dig it up, Aye

What A Cruel world we Live In

Freddy Kruger

Ridge Runner said:
Heatho said:

Freddy Kruger

No I actually dug around it to get at the target.

Heatho said:
Ridge Runner said:
Heatho said:

Freddy Kruger

No I actually dug around it to get at the target.

Aarrh, That's Sweet,, Group Hug,lol

I'da went through it,.... carefully,... and glued the plug back in(ha)