Big Silver Spill

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was out today at a local park today, one that I sometimes go to as it's not far away. Had found a few things in the past, but appearsto have been hit hard by others over the years. Even met an elderly detectorist there once who mentioned that hoards of guys had been there over the years, dug up the place, even with shovels.

Anyway, while heading back towards the car after about an hour, I got a strong high numbers signal, but was a bit "washy" on the stability and I was thinking whether to dig it or not, as didn't seem symetrical. I'm glad I did as at first pulled out the shilling, then florin after florin and a threepence. When the last one was out I checked the dug up dirt and found another threepence in the mix.

All up 4 x Florins, 1 x Shilling and 2 x Threepence came out of the one hole, all within 1914 and 1922. Interestingly, very little tarnish as all have just been washed with soapy water. Also funny was the lack of coppers.

Drongo

Attachments

• Spill_TailsJPG.JPG
    Spill_TailsJPG.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • Spill_heads.JPG
    Spill_heads.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

Latest posts