Eureka !!!! Well, I think so

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tathradj

Doug
Reaction score
Decided to go for a drive to a nice little spot today and managed to rescue some poor little pickers
before they were swept to oblivion. Mind you they and there smaller fly diarrhea brothers and sisters
decided to come along as well.
1399811664_the_spoils_medium.jpg

Up the creek
1399812682_on_the_creek_medium.jpg

About as happy as a old timer with nothing else to do. Even SWMBO was at least a little interested.

I was well fed
1399811777_just_gotta_do_this_properly._the_kitchen_medium.jpg

And the piece De reistionce,
1399811893_walbanker_medium.jpg

But who the bloody hell did this.
I took photo's just in case I got pinged for it and cleaned up a bit more.
I have been talking to another forum member and he was just as pissed as I was.
Come on Peep,s no need to cut the banks and fill your Bloody holes folk's.
I also removed a small bag of rubbish as well. ( for that feel good moment.
1399812088_another_hole_medium.jpg
1399812106_who_did_this_medium.jpg
1399812121_hole_medium.jpg

Nice work there mate and that lunch setup looks the goods.
Is that a Walbanker by any chance and did you make it yourself?
How do you rate it out of 10 ?

Redmanti said:
I'd be curious to see what the wash is like closer to the mines.
That may well get answered after next weekend, Tathradj is keen for another crack and so am I. Hey Tathrdj what the thing sticking up from the hopper box ?

Hi Folks,

I have made a snafu. That area is within the catchment area of the river.
At least I did not leave any evidence apart from my foot prints.
For my mistake I would like to devote a little time in fixing some of the mess then move on. :) :) :)

Redmanti,
So would I Mate. The specks I got were angular so it has not moved a huge distance and also thinking if that is flood gold.
There must be a lot more above the bridge some where. I am locating the geological maps for that area or I will analyze the topography
a little better.
There appears to be a bit more exposed ground owing to logging operations that have now ceased so this is going to be interesting. (Loaming and exposed rock)
Uncle Bob,
I built the WalBanker myself and the things that you see sticking up are the two flat bars that hold the screening, plates and matting down. Saved having to make a heap of fiddly right angle pieces to hold every thing down. Pivots at the back on two stainless bolts and is retained on the front with two bolts with wing nut's.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5458

Paydirt,
Am very keen for another crack at the area so will keep in touch. It would be fantastic to catch up with a few members and have a bloody lot of fun as well.
Oh, Find a bit better than what I have.

Tathradj said:
Hi Folks,

I have made a snafu. That area is within the catchment area of the river.
At least I did not leave any evidence apart from my foot prints.
For my mistake I would like to devote a little time in fixing some of the mess then move on. :) :) :)

Redmanti,
So would I Mate. The specks I got were angular so it has not moved a huge distance and also thinking if that is flood gold.
There must be a lot more above the bridge some where. I am locating the geological maps for that area or I will analyze the topography
a little better.
There appears to be a bit more exposed ground owing to logging operations that have now ceased so this is going to be interesting. (Loaming and exposed rock)
Uncle Bob, 100 out of 10 mate. A brilliant design. ( I owe a bloke on here a few beers for that. Even some bourbon PMSL)
I built the WalBanker myself and the things that you see sticking up are the two flat bars that hold the screening, plates and matting down. Saved having to make a heap of fiddly right angle pieces to hold every thing down. Pivots at the back on two stainless bolts and is retained on the front with two bolts with wing nut's.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5458

Paydirt,
Am very keen for another crack at the area so will keep in touch. It would be fantastic to catch up with a few members and have a bloody lot of fun as well.
Oh, Find a bit better than what I have.

Yeah would be great to meet up
I usually detect only so this would be a good opportunity to see you Walbanker boys in action and hopefully throw in a few shovels of paydirt...... and learn the art of Walbanking. :)

Go the FSCB (Far South Coast Boys) yeah........!

The logging in there is so heavy I've never posted a pic of it on the forums. This is wood chip timber. Great areas knocked over and massive holes everywhere further up towards the mines. It is a serious timber industry area for wood chip mill at Eden. No grazing around that part of NSW.

It is a designated timber area and as long as you don't get in the way of the logging teams then its just fine. (Some of the locals go there from Eden for panning)

The township has been run over with dozers and I've detected buttons and heaps of bullets around there. Big holes there from heavy machinery. It is hard to walk around because it is worked over.

When you cross the creek and walk towards the hills with the mine shafts there is this miners cottage on the right hand side. There is a creek there at the bottom of where the main mine shafts are that is mainly dry now. This is prime area for checking for bigger material I think.

1399892751_photo-26.jpg

Hey redmanti

That little miners shack looks like from the depression times
They had it tough them old timers I must say
Thanks for posting

There is a black snake nearby at the stamper but there hut looks watertight if you want to possibly bunk down. Not me I'd be thinking of the snake all night.

Has a door on it and you can go inside. Old boiler turned into a fireplace.

I detected a buried tin of explosives not far from the post office.
Thought I had it made when the detector went right off on the gal tin.
Got really excited when I unearthed the top.
Called my mate over to witness the opening.
When I lifted the lid you never seen two blokes move so quickly.
Very lucky that the contents were so old they never blew with the vibration or the on rush of fresh air.
Pucker factor went to nill in milliseconds.
PMSL I had night mares for weeks after it.
But we managed a fine haul never the less.

You ever detected nuggets there Tathradj?

I heard about some being found but all I have found are pickers.

No mate,
Have not and never tried. Would be interesting around some of the really old reef shafts that were put down before the battery was installed.
They are not marked on the maps as the Forrestry found out. LOL
There are a lot of old deep Chinaman's Holes and also a lot of stopeing that is very deep and close to the surface in a lot of places.
Top spot for a happy moment. LOL

Latest posts