Dolly's Creek, Morrisons Victoria area information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well besides gaining some knowleage (ussing my detector) and doing my part for the enviroment, bullets, tent pegs a heap of melted aluminium, some wire and a ring pull.
no yellow stuff
i must say how dissapointed i am in the human race using a state forest as a dumping ground, i expected the usual left over camping rubbish, but to take trailor load of old tin wire and rubbish and dump them into the old diggings just left me empty.

on the plus side i also found a river with no water but it does have yellow stuff in it

so the day was not a loss, more time and effort required

hey mate were you out there over the weekend? I went out for a drive myself was in a white patrol. it sucks how people dump tgeir crap in our parks

well another beautiful day out in the bush, birds singing, kangaroos, Echidna's, peace and quite.....but no elusive nugget, i am not sure if im holding my tongue the right way

well thats another day dun and dusted with no yellow to show, but it has raised a lot of questions for me to find the answers too
but it has also answered some, i need a bigger pick, new bush walking shoes, and a lighter detector ohhh my arms just to mention a few lol

and rusher i tried your suggestion it didnt work hahaha

Been out to Dollys several times with Garret AT Gold but no gold. Ground just too hot for a vlf....sooooo I bought a gpx5000 and will be back soon......keep hopeful all as there IS gold there for sure......

Hi all,
Hope it is not against the forum rules to bump an old post. Seeing as this is where I am heading tomorrow morning I hope its OK.
Planning on giving my new SPP a workout.
I'll be leaving here about 9 after I drop the kids to school and heading straight out there. With some luck I should get at least 3 hours of detecting done and start learning how to use the SPP. Then back in time for the kids.
When I purchased it the lads at the store threw in the smaller coil as well which is for the smaller stuff. I'll take both coils but am thinking of using the smaller one mainly on this trip.
Doesn't seem to be much info out there on the smaller coil.
Hope the dog behaves. She is a terrier and loves holes.

HL

Keep doggie on a long lead. Early last year, our foxy who we'd only had for a month, went after a rabbit under an old house on son's inlaws property and he had to dismantle part of the floor. A mass of burrows underneath and apparently the more the dog dug in after the rabbits, dirt came down behind him. Lucky dog - lucky son is a builder!!

Cheers for the heads up Jacko. She is an Airedale and boy can she be naughty. I'll leave her home this time till I check the area out.
Once she gets the scent she'll follow it forever. And if she sees holes I reckon she'll be diving in.
She had a severe case of poisoning a few years back. Spent 5 nights in intensive care at the Melb Uni Vet hospital. By the time I got her there they reckoned she was a goner and suggested putting her down. I said no way, have a try at saving her. Spent 5 nights in intensive care and she made a full physical recovery.
Even the super duper head vet was surprised. But unfortunately I think it affected her mind a fair bit. Not that I'm a dog expert or anything, but even the vets wouldn't comment on how it may have affected her mind.

Hard Luck said:
Cheers for the heads up Jacko. She is an Airedale and boy can she be naughty. I'll leave her home this time till I check the area out.
Once she gets the scent she'll follow it forever. And if she sees holes I reckon she'll be diving in.
She had a severe case of poisoning a few years back. Spent 5 nights in intensive care at the Melb Uni Vet hospital. By the time I got her there they reckoned she was a goner and suggested putting her down. I said no way, have a try at saving her. Spent 5 nights in intensive care and she made a full physical recovery.
Even the super duper head vet was surprised. But unfortunately I think it affected her mind a fair bit. Not that I'm a dog expert or anything, but even the vets wouldn't comment on how it may have affected her mind.

Mate as long as she doesn't stare at the wall inches from it she is fine.

So I headed up there today and had a look around. Didn't find the old workings I was specifically looking for but found some other workings later on. Stopped in a few areas here and there and had a bit of a swing with the SPP. Everywhere you go you can see the place has been flogged to death. But hey at least I'm giving it a shot.
Love the way the SPP very light.
Not sure if I am using it correctly yet but I did get a few bits of metal in the really overworked area. A couple were really small. So I suppose I may be doing ok.

2015%2B-%2B3

2015%2B-%2B4

2015%2B-%2B1

Hardluck, looks like some promising country, by the way that coil lead needs to be wrapped around that shaft more. If the coil lead is like that it will give false signals when you bump the coil on objects. just a pointer mate for better operation. :)

Roscoe said:
Hardluck, looks like some promising country, by the way that coil lead needs to be wrapped around that shaft more. If the coil lead is like that it will give false signals when you bump the coil on objects. just a pointer mate for better operation. :)
Thanks for the tip Roscoe. Much appreciated. I have plenty of that velcro tape stuff around so I can manage that part of it.
May go out there again tomorrow. Now that I have my bearings a bit better, I'll walk deeper in and see how I go. As long as the weather holds up ok. I'll take the dog next time I go as well.
But I know what will happen when she sees the kangas. She'll be after them in a flash and I'll probably spend the day looking for her..lol

mate, strap the lead straight up the lower shaft leave a little slack at the coil end. One strap at bottom, middle and upper part of lower shaft. Then wind the coil lead around the upper shaft firm but not to tight, then put another strap just before the s bend. Then connect lead to control box. :)

Went back out for a few hours again today. Starting to get the feel of the SPP a bit more now.
What disturbs me the most is the amount of rubbish people leave behind. By the looks of it people are even dumping out there. I tried a couple of well dug areas but there was too much of the usual junk.

So onto a few pics.

Some rubbish piles.

2015%2B-%2B3

2015%2B-%2B5

This area was downhill from those rubbish piles. Very well worked over area by the looks of things. Got some bullet casings there.

2015%2B-%2B4

2015%2B-%2B6

I worked some land near a fencline walking down hill and the dog made a new friend.

2015%2B-%2B2

Some of todays hits.

The 2 small pieces on the left had me pretty excited, especially the smaller one as that was embedded in some dirt on the side of some recent diggings. I have no idea what it is.
The longish piece which I am sure is lead was found about 6 inches down as was the horseshoe. These were in the area near the fenceline.

Lots of evidence obviously of previous activity. But hey if they missed the horseshoe and the piece of lead who knows what else may be out there.

IMG_0228%2B%28Medium%29.JPG

HL

Latest posts