Diverticular Disease

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking like Mrs Silver may have it,... the doctor had a poke around today and she says it's not apendicitis,... blood test and urine sample in the morning to see if antibiotics are needed,.... doc says it should clear itself up,.. worst case senario is it could burst(wall of colon) and she could be really sick. :(

That's no good Silver , hopefully the antibiotics do the job as has done for me pass on regards please.

Cheers

Bacchus said:
That's no good Silver , hopefully the antibiotics do the job as has done for me pass on regards please.

Cheers
Mrs Silver says she would love to raise a glass of beer and say cheers Bacchus,.... but her belly is a bit too upset,....she's still waiting on those test results(no news is good news) to come in. :D

I've had a mild bout of diverticulitus and the accompanying cameras up the blurter & down the gullet til they met in the middle. My surgeon recommended a low fat High fibre diet and to take metamucil daily.

The one thing that contributed to mine; so I was informed was the heavy doses of anti inflammatory's I was taking.

Hip and RC in Right shoulder and stuffed L Knee.

I have since dropped my in take and while I am coping ( al be it, a bit more of a winger) I have not had any recurrence. But not enough time and or sample numbers to make a call on the outcome to date. As to if the anti inflammatory's were a contributing fact or just not time for another attack.

Anti- inflammatory medication gives short term help with inflammation but some of the side effects can be long term problems. This is one of the warnings. The pain that inflammation gives can be excruciating at times but there are healthier alternatives like, turmeric..... Ect.

Hi Bacchus, yep I know what your going through there mate, it's quite painful! I had it once while staying on a friends farm. Around 8 am every day I would be drinking red wine, scotch, anything just to relieve the crippling pain. Thankfully she was a nurse and got me the antibiotics which took about a week to work but then it came back again. I got better and searched for what caused it. In this case it was foul tank water. The tanks had been placed in the wrong position and where uphill from the home. To get the waterfall the tanks had been sunk into the ground and there was no way to flush them out.
Hope you get better soon.

Cheers Parks all good for me now fit as a fiddle , thoughts now to Mrs Silver and others copping a bit of it , seems to be becoming more of an issue for more people as highlighted in this thread , can't help but thinking our modern diet or lack of attention to has a lot to do with it and may need a looking at

Cheers again

Another thing I did years ago was a Sanskrit remedy for bowel disease. You get sea shells (clean thick shell), crush them up in a pestle and mortar and drink the stuff. It's a fine calcium mix that literally cuts and polishes your insides. Although i crapped a brick I felt great afterwards.
Good luck AM.

Latest posts