Differences between Headphones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danmuss

Danny
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what's the difference between headphones for the Garrett AT Gold, I have the standard black ones but I see on Garrett Australia they have other types for better sound.

Sound? its not music so what does this mean, A bleep is a bleep lol ???? Im confused

I agree Dan, i have a good pair of Sony earphones plus my treasuremate 11 booster amp and I don't have a problem hearing the detector at all, even after 7 years playing in a band 50 yrs ago.
Jaros
:p :p

I guess it may depend on your detector? The At pro plays tones at a lower volume depending on the depth of the target. Recently I used my pro without headphones as I had other people with me. The tones where not what I am used to. I gather it's the difference in the speaker quality?

Aside from the topic on audio, there are only two sets available on the Garrett website to suite the ATGold, the Garrett Master Sound headphones (which you already have) and the Garrett submersible headphones. Anything else will require the adapter, or use of the DetectorPro Grey Ghost Amphibians.

The Garrett headphones are pretty outdated, cumbersome, heavy, and not the most comfortable set around in my view (have them on my infinium), better off going aftermarket. :)

Latest posts