Deua River, NSW? - Anyone heard of Gold being found here?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All,

A friend of mine has a property where the Deua River runs through it. I have never been down there and was wondering if anyone has found gold before in this river? The town of Araluen is not too far away and it has a big gold history, so it may well have.

I am planning a trip very soon.

Any information from members appreciated.

There is but a lot of it is under national park. You should be right on your mates property though.
Jon

was a bit of gold found around the area mate but as Blisters said, most of it is NP these days, but if your mate has property there it is always worth a look in my opinion

From this link: http://finders.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1274&sid=0422c9cda4f0f9f63d2bdf4548e06d53

The junction between Burra Creek and the Deua River lies about 110km southeast of Canberra, 43km a little south of southeast of the settlement of Majors Creek and 10km northwest of Moruya. From this junction, Deua River [C272] has been worked for alluvial gold, almost the entire distance back to Majors Creek. Little information is available on these vast workings, although they were mostly worked out and abandoned by 1880. What work was still being done, was generally carried out by the Chinese. No information relating to the size, type or quantity of gold is recorded.

I know this is a bit of a 'necro post' but what about the section near Moruya, where it is state forest on the right side of the river and national park on the left side? The right side of the river is designated as being allowed to fossick with a permit.

Does this mean it is ok to pan on the right bank of the river?

Latest posts