Detector cable guards. anyone use them?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had some good reports on the detector cable guards (fits under the handle). They seem to be a worthwhile piece of kit to keep down cable noise (from knocking) and take the strain off the joiner. Any users who can provide feedback? They are inexpensive so I may give them a go. The 4500 doesn't seem to be too much of an issue at the moment, but my old 2200D gets a bit wobbly if the cable gets knocked. About $20.

I have one that was sent to me as a freebie, for the $20 that they are worth they are worth every cent,
they do solve the problem of the coil lead falsing when you bump it with your hand or waist,
They also make it a lot easier when you are changing coils, which I do a fair bit, you don't need to get the windings exactly perfect around the shaft,
I just wind it around the shaft and when I get to the handle I just poke it through the guard and plug it in, in my eyes it puts less strain on the coil plug which is always a good thing.

I got mine from swanhill detectors,I don't know if he is still trading as swanhill detectors as his site is not available anymore, but he is the same bloke who sells as solargold australia on eBay and makes the alloy cases for the minelab detectors, which is another great buy.

Thanks Peko - the boys in Dunolly have them for $19.95. I will get two. yes, I am a multiple coil changer too - the advice is much appreciated.

Latest posts