Denmark: Bronze Age gold spirals unearthed in field

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..is that where I left them!

Maybey the egyptians were also into metal lathing gold; its swarf, ..or they were having a hard time making springs for thier solid gold alarm clocks..

You never know with the ancient ages, they astound me with what they could do back then.

treasureman said:
theres stuff to be found anywhere in europe i believe.
possibly going to UK in september

+1, especially in countries that are poorer/don't look after their historical sites very well etc.

I was over this time last year, UK has so many areas that would be great to look over. I'd also recommend eastern europe, I remember my dad saying they would find heaps of WW2 stuff through the 50's and 60's. A lot of wealthy and/or well educated people also burried their belongings/loot during WW2.

I travelled through Serbia last year and sifted through a sandy stream up in the hills (by hand). Dug infront/under some rocks and there were some gold flecks in there. Wish I had more time and some equipment!

I'm with you(swarf) on this one AtomRat.(I concur wholeheartedly).
AtomRat said:
..is that where I left them!

Maybey the egyptians were also into metal lathing gold; its swarf, ..or they were having a hard time making springs for thier solid gold alarm clocks..

You never know with the ancient ages, they astound me with what they could do back then.

Zorgs said:
treasureman said:

+1, especially in countries that are poorer/don't look after their historical sites very well etc.

I was over this time last year, UK has so many areas that would be great to look over. I'd also recommend eastern europe, I remember my dad saying they would find heaps of WW2 stuff through the 50's and 60's. A lot of wealthy and/or well educated people also burried their belongings/loot during WW2.

I travelled through Serbia last year and sifted through a sandy stream up in the hills (by hand). Dug infront/under some rocks and there were some gold flecks in there. Wish I had more time and some equipment!
did you take a metal detector or just sifting? anything could be anywhere because peeps were walking all over the continents for WHO KNOWS HOW LONG...
which means anything could be anywhere, in any bush/forest, by any try, under any soil which is breath taking.
here in aus is different

Ramjet said:
treasureman said:

Good luck over there. I have family so free accommodation and they live in a 300+ year old house. I'm keen just to do the yard.
thats cool. and wow 300years is also breath taking. you should make some time to go for a few weeks, could find one coin that pays for the trip.

i have quite extensive family in uk, and was born there myself. moved to australia when i was 2 with my parents brother and sister. have been back twice in my life, however metal detecting was non existent to me and i was young.

id love to tackle any forestry, reserve over there with high hopes given the time and commitment

My mothers side of the fam are from Norwich, England. I remember her always telling me about the marine bombs still on the beaches, grenades, ammo etc that they played with while children over there.

Turns out one of my uncles at the local playground found a booby-trap spike that shot out the ground and stabbed his left eye making him blind for life.

haha ...excuse the laugh gentlemen.. I'M still having a chuckle at chewy's midas pubes. :rolleyes: Rojer me..very interesting post mate..stories of archaeology have always fascinated me.Atom- Rat,if you get a chance read my rant.."Tom Piper".i don't know if you guys can read my stuff or not?...haha "story of my" life..talking to myself again.. :cool: cool.."go 'n have a nap Rossco". i sez ta me'self..hehe.."gonna be a nice warm sunshine th's sarvo." ;)

treasureman said:

Well Bring a machine with a fast Recovery and some of them 2000 year old+ Treasures might be yours,

Good Luck

John

This was one of the Biggest Hoards Found up around Norwich, and it is worth MILLIONS Those Big Gold Torc's Are Huge and over an Inch thick, and there was about a Dozen of them found in the same Hole plus alot more other bits and piece's.

Enjoy
[/quotehttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snettisham_Hoard

Check out this one too, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hoards_in_Britain

If you are going there Take a detector, There's a heck of alot been found around those parts,

john.

Ridge Runner said:
This was one of the Biggest Hoards Found up around Norwich, and it is worth MILLIONS Those Big Gold Torc's Are Huge and over an Inch thick, and there was about a Dozen of them found in the same Hole plus alot more other bits and piece's.

Enjoy
[/quotehttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snettisham_Hoard

Check out this one too, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hoards_in_Britain

If you are going there Take a detector, There's a heck of alot been found around those parts,

john.

some magnificent finds . mouth is watering

reefer said:
haha ...excuse the laugh gentlemen.. I'M still having a chuckle at chewy's midas pubes. :rolleyes: Rojer me..very interesting post mate..stories of archaeology have always fascinated me.Atom- Rat,if you get a chance read my rant.."Tom Piper".i don't know if you guys can read my stuff or not?...haha "story of my" life..talking to myself again.. :cool: cool.."go 'n have a nap Rossco". i sez ta me'self..hehe.."gonna be a nice warm sunshine th's sarvo." ;)

I'm finding it hard to see a title Tom Piper or did you mean the Sydney Tom Spicer story on the other thread? I've still been reading those yes

Atom Rat...i think i had ....just a sip... more of the port then i honestly intended not to ;) ...well thats my story :cool: of course mate "tom spicer" is what I meant :8 feed back to know how many are viewing my stuff is helpful...cause for all i know it might read like absolute rubbish... aaah the pit falls of exposing ysoul to the travelling public! :rolleyes:

Latest posts